Carnival Conquest Videos

tunes3540

• 3 weeks later...
I've created a web page with flash video versions of all my videos I put on a cruise DVD. These are from my Dec 2-9,2007 Cruise on the Carnival Conquest. Enjoy.

http://www.cdfmarketing.net/cdfmarketing/cruise07/index.php

Cool video ! I have a question we are sailing in April on the Conquest and I plan on taking our cam it stores video on a hard drive. The most it holds is 16 hours do you think that will be enough mem? On the ship how can I transfer my video for extra space we will have no VCR in our room. Thanks

I really enjoyed your video of the Conquest. We sail on Feb 17th and will not be taking a laptop. I was wondering how big your memory sticks were for your camera and whether you were dumping them while onboard. I have a 2GB stick and two 1GB sticks. I'm worried that I dont' have enough.

Walt

Thanks for all the compliments, I had a lot of fun making the videos and can't wait for my next cruise in December on Voyager of the Seas.

dlex:

I used a Panasonic MiniDV camcorder to record most of the video for those Conquest videos. I used 3 MiniDV tapes at 2 hours each. I would say 16 hours of video is more than enough to video a cruise.

ILuv2CruiseWithU2:

My memory sticks for my Panasonic still camera are 1gig SD cards. I used 1.5 of them for the whole week for around 400 pictures.

I hope you have as much fun on Conquest as I did. She is a great ship!

I am also from Kansas (SouthEast), we will be taking our 2nd cruise out of Galveston (Our first family cruise) in just 5 days. We will be driving down a day early and staying in the Holiday inn on the beach. I chose that hotel because they have parking and shuttle to port.

Let me know if there are any questions I can help you with.

Kay

Tunes,

I see you're from Kansas, as am I. I will be driving to Galveston as well and was wondering if you had any advice/tips on making the drive, where to park, renting a car, etc.

Any advice would be helpful!

Thanks!

PRecious

Be forewarned, it is a long drive. 11-12 hours from Haysville (Wichita). I've always driven down the day before and stayed at the Super 8 at 2825 1/2 B 61st Street. It is cheap, clean, and within walking distance of the gulf coast.

I've always parked at ezcruise the next day. They are better and cheaper than the cruiselines parking and have never failed to pick me up after the cruise. http://www.ezcruiseparking.com

I've never managed to drive back all the way after the cruise without spending the night somewhere. This last time we stayed in Denton, Tx. Comfort Inn I think.

I flew from Oklahoma City for one cruise. Southwest has great deals to Hobby and makes it a lot cheaper than flying from Wichita. I wish Southwest flew out of Wichita. We booked a limousine from Hobby to the cruise terminal and back from http://www.towncarconnection.com . They were great and cheaper than the Carnival transport pass from the airport as six of us shared the limo and split the cost.

I think I will fly again this December, that drive is exhausting. Especially returning the last day of the cruise.

I hope this helps findingnemoks.

Archived