Air From LAX to Barcelona

Water Logger

Has anyone had any experience with this itinerary? I've never booked a flight through a Cruise Line. I really hate to fly and I want to make sure we fly on Major airlines. etc.

We sometimes book our flights through the cruiselines...it depends a lot on the deal being offered versus the cost on our own, etc....but, there is an advantage to booking through the cruise lines...You aren't tied to it until final payment and you won't get stuck with nonrefundable tickets...

When we flew home from Barcelona to LAX with Celebrity after the Millie, they put us on Delta...with only one short stop in Atlanta on the way home (We did no deviation as we booked everything--including pre- and post-cruise hotels--through Celebrity)...

For our upcoming Oceania cruise, we booked through Oceania...but we used deviations--not to pick the airlines or specific flights (we left those up to Oceania) but to choose the dates--since we are flying into Istanbul and out of Venice a couple days early and late, as the case may be, and doing our own hotels...

So, Oceania chose the flights...and we're flying TO Istanbul on Delta with only a brief stop in New York...and home FROM Venice on Lufthansa with only a stop in Frankfurt...

On about 5 or 6 cruises where I've used the cruise lines (and it's been 3 or 4 different cruise lines) to provide the air, I have always been assigned flights on "major" airlines--Delta, United, Lufthansa, Alaskan (Well, it's considered major out here--especially if you're flying to Alaska!)...

Has anyone's experience been different?

Archived