Should I wait to book my Sept. '13 Alaska Cruise to get a better price?

I've been pricing a cruise on the NCL Pearl (Sept 8 departure). The cruises leaving in the summer are cheaper at this point, I'm wondering if my cruise will come down in price. Should I wait to book? I usually book pretty last minute so that doesn't bother me. I can see that the balcony cabins leaving during the summer months are in some cases below $1,000, but right now I can't find a balcony cabin under $1,500. Any advice on this? You would think the Sept. Alaska cruises would be less than the summer dates. Thanks!

The standard advise given every time this question is asked is book now. If the price goes down prior to final payment, most cruise lines will give you the lower fare. After final payment, some compensation for the price drop might be given, but is not required.

Waiting until the last minute has three problems. First, far less choice of cabin type level and location. Second last minute airfares and inconvenient routes might eat of any and all of your cruise fare savings. Lastly, if you are set on a certain sailing date, what happens if all of a sudden that cruise sells out. You now don't have a cruise. And there won't some warning like "Buy now, only 3 cabins left!!"

Final payment shoud be due in the next 6 weeks. You seem comfortable waiting for a last minute booking. If you are flexible enough to perhaps have to change cabin category, wait and see what happens. I would continue to monitor the website to see if certain categories are selling out.

I've been pricing a cruise on the NCL Pearl (Sept 8 departure). The cruises leaving in the summer are cheaper at this point, I'm wondering if my cruise will come down in price. Should I wait to book? I usually book pretty last minute so that doesn't bother me. I can see that the balcony cabins leaving during the summer months are in some cases below $1,000, but right now I can't find a balcony cabin under $1,500. Any advice on this? You would think the Sept. Alaska cruises would be less than the summer dates. Thanks!

there is a late aug balcony on princess for 799

Final payment shoud be due in the next 6 weeks. You seem comfortable waiting for a last minute booking. If you are flexible enough to perhaps have to change cabin category, wait and see what happens. I would continue to monitor the website to see if certain categories are selling out.

Thanks everyone for the responses.

How can I monitor what categories are selling out? I would love to know how to do this. We normally book our cruise 30-60 days out and get what we want, but we're flexible. ;)

Thanks everyone for the responses.

How can I monitor what categories are selling out? I would love to know how to do this. We normally book our cruise 30-60 days out and get what we want, but we're flexible. ;)

There is a website for monitering cabins/prices. Since we aren't allowed to post the name if you do a google search about a "cruise" and going to "fish" I think you will be successful in finding what you are looking for.

Good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for,

Archived