I have a suggstion for those who post on this site...

picklebongo

Instead of waiting until after you return from a cruise or months after booking, if you find an incredible rate, come on here right away and let folks know.

I have read numerous times that somebody booked a seven day cruise for $299.00 or even less at times and made no mention of it to the greater community. Don't you think this is something somebody would be interested in?

So...if you know of incredible rates, please post them timely so others can jump onboard if they choose to. Thanks!!

I'm not sure if this is really a good idea. What if someone learns of a great price posted here. makes their plans, goes to book and the fare has gone up? Then they may decide not to book at what may still be a good ES rate because they missed the bottom of the market.

I understand that the rates can always go up, even within a matter of minutes and hours, but the heads up would still be a nice gesture, don't ya think. The posting could always come with a caveat, but wouldn't you like to know if somebody found a seven day for $199.00?

Great idea. Just as people come here to let us know about price drops. Many people log right on to the Fare Finder, myself included, and have saved money. I personally appreciate the posters who have given us a chance to save just as they have. Some people get the deductions, and some don't, but all appreciate the chance to check for it. Thanks for suggesting it.

Instead of waiting until after you return from a cruise or months after booking, if you find an incredible rate, come on here right away and let folks know.

I have read numerous times that somebody booked a seven day cruise for $299.00 or even less at times and made no mention of it to the greater community. Don't you think this is something somebody would be interested in?

So...if you know of incredible rates, please post them timely so others can jump onboard if they choose to. Thanks!!

that's an extremely bad idea.

first, you cam't advertise here, so what's a price without a place to get it.

and an influx of traffic would close out that fare pretty quickly.

I am thinking that the pricing would be on Carnival website and I personally do not think it will be a problem plus if the fares are gone but it gives people on CC a chance. I got a lower fare from seeing something on CC and I REALLY appreciated it.

Interesting idea, but you're probably better off with Fare Finder. And for those who've booked a cruise via early saver and find fine a lower fare, best to share with roll call for that cruise so others with similar cabins can get the OBC too.

No, it's not. Let people do their own research.

Great idea.

Military Friends and Family booking special starts tomorrow and will run for the entire month of May. :)

They do not do Alaska in December-would have to be a ice cutter, not a cruise ship.

I believe that was the point--where are you going to find a 7-day cruise for $199?

While I think it's a lovely thought to help others out and let them know, I hope the board never comes to the point that people are posting thread after thread of "the great price I got!" I already ignore the price drop posts--just because the price dropped on someone else's cruise doesn't mean it dropped on mine. I regularly check the fareviewer and if the price goes down I share that information on my roll call--I can't imagine everyone needs to know that.:p

Archived