**What Shape is the SUN in?**

DeRon

Cool! Let us know everything!! I have never been on this class of ship before and we are a litttle nervous (also) because of the Sun's age.

Thanks!

And...I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.

DeRon,

I don't think you have anything to worry about.If you've been following the most recent reviews,they keep getting better and better.The Sun was recently in dry dock and is as spiffed up as she'll get and is in fantastic shape for her age.We will be sailing her on 1/28 and are as anxious as you are!

Cruisin'Chris,

Have a fantastic time and if you find time,we'd love to hear how your cruise is going...live. Don't drink up all the booze!

we were on the Sun for fifteen days in October. It has just came out of dry dock in San Francisco where it had all the carpets replaced and probably a few other things. Posters have mentioned that it is constantly being worked on, and that is true. We were not being critical of the ship as it is a nice ship but it did have some plumbing problems and it is showing some wear and tear. If you've been on the new ships like the Coral, and Diamond you begin to see these little issues. Crusing is wonderful so I wouldn't be discouraged but we would not rush out to cruise on the Sun again.

Spent 10 days on the Sun in Nov. Seemed to be in really good shape, especially considering it's age. We've been on ships that were only a year old and they show wear and tear just like the older ships. Salt water and loads of passengers have a tendency to do that to ships.

Thought the Sun was OK for her age....it did need repair to floorboards in certain cabin areas which I was told were to be fixed at 'dry dock' time.

Its the only ship I have ever developed Norwalk( or whatever it is called ).

Would I sail on her again.?... Yes if the price is right, and she is visiting an area I am interested in.

As you can see by my signature, I have sailed Sun Princess many times and in my opinion, she was in mint condition last March. It is difficult to believe that many of the issues sited with Sun Princess could have crept up so fast. If that was the case, Princess must have stopped maintaining her.

That being said, contrary to some posts here, I WOULD rush out to book Sun Princess again – anytime.

Ronath,

It looks like (in your signature) that you really like the Conquest. Do you go on her because of convenience (or something else), or do you prefer her over others (like the Sun, the Century, etc.)?

I know the food is pretty good on Carnival, but what else do you like better than the other choices?

DeRon, definitely the Conquest is convenience for us (just a few miles from home), don't have to travel far. But it is definitely an excellent ship regardless. And yes, Carnival's dining has sure been on the upswing in recent years. About 8-10 years ago it was the opposite.

I have read conflicting things. Is the Sun in need of repair? Things like stained carpets and couches bug us.

Please give me the latest! :)

I'm not trying to be confrontational but you are going to find stains on carpets and couches on any ship if you look for them.

Scott

Scott, not true. I haven't been on a ton of cruises, but I have had some that I would avoid because of oldness, stains, etc. And BTW, we never get on a ship and look for stains. It seems we always have something better to do. But when they present themselves to us, we don't like that.

Call me crazy, but when I spend $2-3,000 on a cruise, I don't want that Motel 6 experience you are talking about.

Call me crazy, but when I spend $2-3,000 on a cruise, I don't want that Motel 6 experience you are talking about.

I'm not talking about a Motel 6 experience. It has just been based on my experience on 14 cruises that any ship has stains here and there. Even with new carpets and regular cleaning with the volume of people that are on a ship you are going to get stains.

Scott

I'm not talking about a Motel 6 experience. It has just been based on my experience on 14 cruises that any ship has stains here and there. Even with new carpets and regular cleaning with the volume of people that are on a ship you are going to get stains.

I’ll have to agree – figure 3500 people on a Grand Class ship every seven days (if you include the crew) and there’s going to be a stain or two. Never the less, Princess ships are pretty darn clean. I’ve spent many a late night wandering the ship to find brass and marble being polished, carpets vacuumed and shampooed.

There are always people cleaning these ships at all hours of the day.I also agree,with 3500+ people & crew moving around every week,it's amazing these ships look as good as they do and the only reason is constant cleaning & scrubbing.

That's true, and I agree. I hear what you guys are saying, but if given a choice, I would rather go on a ship that is in better shape.:)

Is there something wrong with asking this question?? lol :cool:

That's true, and I agree. I hear what you guys are saying, but if given a choice, I would rather go on a ship that is in better shape.:)

Is there something wrong with asking this question?? lol :cool:

I guess I don’t know what you mean by better shape? A rogue stain here or there isn’t going to degrade the overall experience on the ship – in my opinion. There’s nothing wrong with asking the question, but I would say it might be expecting a bit too much for a Princess ship to be totally spot free.

That doesn’t mean the ship looks like Motel 6, or is unclean, however.

As mentioned earlier we wont take the Sun Princess again. Its old, shows its wear and tear, has problems with non-drinking water systems (grease), Norwalk is rampant, a foul stench towards the back of the ship on deck 8, problems in the dining room and so on. Then when you return home and write Princess detailing the conditions of the cruise you get no answer. One person's opinion take it for whatever its worth!

Archived