Costa Club Membership.

tenpin

Hello all,

I have been a firm believer in the Costa brand, and still am for that matter. But of late they seem to be doing all they can to discourage us booking a cruise with them, particular it seems we British.

The latest thing on trying to book a June cruise is that even as a Gold Pearl Member I cannot now book a meal time without first paying a full deposit, they also cannot even guess at a flight time to Genoa (10.10am each day from Gatwick) and can't tell us that, until we have paid the final payment.

I have noted that it appears that American members can still book MDR meal times as Pearl&Gold Pearl members.

Now we have used Costa for fifteen years and always could book meal times and even select flights to Genoa, now we are expected to accept a fight that could even take up to three plane changes and take up to 14 hours with waiting times.

I still wait a reply form costaclub UK even after sending six mails as has two more members on another forum.

Does the American site answer anyones question or can anyone tell us how who to write to about our concerns.:confused::mad::(

Or are any of you willing to sign a letter to HO.

Hello all,

I have been a firm believer in the Costa brand, and still am for that matter. But of late they seem to be doing all they can to discourage us booking a cruise with them, particular it seems we British.

The latest thing on trying to book a June cruise is that even as a Gold Pearl Member I cannot now book a meal time without first paying a full deposit, they also cannot even guess at a flight time to Genoa (10.10am each day from Gatwick) and can't tell us that, until we have paid the final payment.

I have noted that it appears that American members can still book MDR meal times as Pearl&Gold Pearl members.

Now we have used Costa for fifteen years and always could book meal times and even select flights to Genoa, now we are expected to accept a fight that could even take up to three plane changes and take up to 14 hours with waiting times.

I still wait a reply form costaclub UK even after sending six mails as has two more members on another forum.

Does the American site answer anyones question or can anyone tell us how who to write to about our concerns.:confused::mad::(

Or are any of you willing to sign a letter to HO.

Same experience with European site. I m waiting answer over 3 weeks!

I live in the UK, I have Gold level.....I also have a contact in the Costa UK office in London who is more than happy to chat despite all of my cruises being booked via an agent.

She knows my flight preferences and has passed them to Costa Milan who deal with flights, as a result, I get the airline and routing that I prefer whenever possible (which for me is KLM from the UK via Amsterdam cos I hate LGW/LHR and BA with a vengeance). The flights have always been either direct or with one change and if they do not really suit me...for example earlier this year flying to the Middle East in the middle of the night, I just gave her a call and asked to be moved to the flight that arrived in the middle of the evening instead...and within a couple hours, it was done...without any fuss.

She also knows that I prefer early sitting in the MDR, so that is always arranged by her or if need be, I do so on the online check-in....which can be done within 24 hours of booking the cruise. I have set my MDR choices for all three of my forthcoming cruises...2 being next year in 6 and 12 months time without so much as an argument.

Alot of the "problems" encountered are often due to not speaking to the right person and/or in the right way. Maybe due to my customer service type past I tend to be more empathetic with her and the crew on the ships, I know how demanding the public can be so I also know the best questions to ask and the best way to ask them...oh and a little patience and understanding goes a long way too. Costa London receive the emails and they have to be forwarded to the relevant section...flights at Milan office or bookings at Genova office....and since the Italian offices get many thousands of emails daily, its on a first come, first served basis and once they are sorted, the reply is sent back to the London office for forwarding to the client or agent whichever is applicable.

So people need to realise that although you might send an email to London, it is not London who handle it, they are just in the middle, so be patient.

Oh and flights......Costa Milan who handle all flight bookings for everyone who requires them regardless of country of origin...have contracts with a variety of airlines, and airlines only release schedules to the public 45 weeks out from departure, but in many cases they release seats to company bookings such as Costa at 12-16 weeks out from departure in order to allow public bookings to get priority on the seat allocations. So that is something else to consider and understand when contacting Costa about your flight....yes it can take time, but it is usually the airlines who hold things up, not Costa Milan.

And that helps us how,

I and two other members have emailed Costa many times and even using the address given to us on the Fortuna two weeks ago which differs from the one given by costaclub uk.it, none of us have heard a word.

We have also sent them to Italy and they forwarded then with an aknowledgement, still no reply.

As for the rest up until our third cruise this year we have always booked our table (on Costa's site) when first starting the booking, so that we could then decide whether to go ahead or not, would you really be willing to spend up to 4 grand without knowing when you would be eating or even where you would be flying from and to where.

Funny before we have booked up to a year in advance, got most of the details sorted before paying a penny, now do they really expect us Brits to pay before knowing the travel arrangements.

I do not use the phone because of hearing problems, and neither do we know someone in the UK office. email to London we have mailed just about eveywhere.What is your suggestion?

A written letter to l Hutchingson produced the standard reply and told us paying for breakfast in a INDUSTRY STANDARD. Also said they could not give us a dedicated gate at Savona, funny that three months later one is in place.

We don't mind change but surely you can see we would rather not book a cruise under these new conditions.

As for the new Extra All Inclusive it is a joke, I had two bottles of wine in the dining room, but could not get a 4.50 glass of Port or a Red Bull.

Like you I love Costa and have done all their ships, some more than three times, but going by the latest cock-ups many of us club members will go elsewhere.

You also have got to remember that any changes made to procedures or club perks etc are NOT decided by Genova. They are decided by Miami, ie Carnival Corporation, who ultimately own and therefore pull the puppet strings of the cruise lines that they own...which unfortunately includes Costa.

Since Carnival Corp made a dogs dinner of the perks revamp on Carnival Cruise Lines and are working their way through ALL their brands doing similar questionable decisions, you shouldn't be taking your fury out on the middlemen, namely the Costa representatives on land or at sea as they are only trying to follow the doctrine handed down by Miami.

With the latest changes at the top management at Costa and with the inevitable mentoring from Miami until these new faces have settled into their repsective moulds, do not be too surprised if more changes are afoot.....a change of management often heralds a change everywhere else too.

Be patient...and just as you probably saw the uproar over the new perks at Carnival Cruise Lines with their VIFP so-called upgrades, you will eventually see similar appearing at Princess, Seabourn, HAL, Cunard, P&O etc too.

Carnival Corp need to save money to stay competative and to pay for newbuilds and rebuilds.....they also need to keep fares down too, so the first things that get hit by the meat cleaver will always be the perks...which they will always say are given at no obligation and can be altered or withdrawn at any time without explanation.

Not sure that you are correct with that assumption, although Costa is indeed owned by Carnival from what we have been led to believe while on board Costa still has its own BOD's that still decide on the general policies for their line. Carnival do make major changes after consulting Costa, I believe this applies to all the other lines running with the Carnival Group.

Seeing that you have contacts in the UK office perhaps they could imform us of the correct address, as there appears to be one rule for American guests and one for us.

See link on the other thread.

Two years ago Carnival Corp cut the number of people at the Costa London office from 40 to 6, the corporation decimated the UK arm of the cruise line, transferring many of the upper management to Italy, Asia and Middle East offices.

The lass that I have regular contact with is far more frustrated that you or I when problems arise, she and her colleagues have to deal with both clients and agents wanting answers to questions and the girls in London have to refer everything to Genova or Milan despending on what the questions refer to, then they have to wait for whatever department within either of those offices deal with the query, reply to it and then the girls in London pass on that reply to the client or customer.

It is a truly hateful position that they are in at London, but it is not an uncommon one when dealing with large corporations where the staff get the feeling that the left hand know not what the right hand do, let alone the clients and agents getting frustrated with the slowness of replies etc.

Miami DOES have the last word, there is no assumption about it, Miami truly does pull the strings, I know cos I have not only seen it but have spoken to many agents and Costa employees (past & present) who have suffered from Miami's interuptions and decision making....only problem is that 99% of those in Miami have never stepped foot on a Costa ship and have never visited one of the Costa worldwide offices nor the Genova or Milan offices.

Ask any crewmember when they are off duty if they wish Costa was a standalone company and could get away from Carnival Corp and the reply is a resounding YES.

Costa Crociere Group (incorporating Costa, Iberocruceros & AIDA) are a company in name only, they do not make their own decisions, Miami enforce everything....seriously, the girls at the London office cannot sneeze without Miami knowing about it before they get their box of tissues out. Genova and Milan are throttled by Miami, they have very little say in anything.....the bottom line is that its the regional offices, Genova, Milan and the crews who take the flack for what Miami decide.

It's why if things go wrong, I do not take it out on Costa....I aim the fury at the root cause, namely Carnival Corp who are the puppeteers, not the individual cruise lines who are nowt more than puppets.

CostaSmurfette,

It seem to me that you just have a problem with Carnival, and really are talking rubbish.

I have had plenty of answers quickly from Costa UK in the past even though they are part of that group.

You seem to take delight in knocking them but never answer a question put to you.

I can find all the knockers of the Carnival brand elsewhere I am just asking about the changes COSTA have made.

After a comprehensive reply last year from HO in Miami, who informed us that Costa had made the change of policy.

Now either you do know the current email address of the costaclub.uk.it or you don't simple question.

CostaSmurfette,

It seem to me that you just have a problem with Carnival, and really are talking rubbish.

I have had plenty of answers quickly from Costa UK in the past even though they are part of that group.

You seem to take delight in knocking them but never answer a question put to you.

I can find all the knockers of the Carnival brand elsewhere I am just asking about the changes COSTA have made.

After a comprehensive reply last year from HO in Miami, who informed us that Costa had made the change of policy.

Now either you do know the current email address of the costaclub.uk.it or you don't simple question.

No need for the attitude.....tbh it would be hardly surprising that you have yet to get an answer if the emails etc already sent are so abrupt...

Costa Cruises

Carnival House,

5 Gainsford Street

London

SE1 2NE

The lass that I have regular contact with is far more frustrated that you or I when problems arise, she and her colleagues have to deal with both clients and agents wanting answers to questions and the girls in London have to refer everything to Genova or Milan despending on what the questions refer to, then they have to wait for whatever department within either of those offices deal with the query, reply to it and then the girls in London pass on that reply to the client or customer.

Miami enforce everything....quote]

Now what is it either Miami enforces everything or it is dealt with in Milan or Genoa

Still waiting for that mail address sure 'your contact' works for Costa not cruisecontrol which comes up when you check the isp

Miami enforce everything....quote]

Now what is it either Miami enforces everything or it is dealt with in Milan or Genoa

Still waiting for that mail address sure 'your contact' works for Costa not cruisecontrol which comes up when you check the isp

Carnival Corporation operate a seperate entity called Complete Cruise Solutions, they deal with reservations for the entire Carnival Corporation companies under one umbrella. They act as a clearing house for reservations...each cruise line within the group has their own office in London, but all contact via the internet goes to the umbrella company and is sorted from their to the individual companies as applicable.

http://www.completecruisesolution.com/Logon.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fDefault.aspx

The address in London is the one that is for reservations for Costa Crociere. If you think I shall give you my contact in that office when you are using such an abominable attitude then you are sorely mistaken.

The address in Italy is found quite easily by surfing the net, but since you obviously want to make an issue...

Costa Crociere

Via XII Ottobre 2

Genova

Italy.

My goodness yet another non-reply to the question.

In one simple quote, Does anyone know the correct email address for the costaclub UK?" we never get a reply from any of them since March this year.

I did not ask for your ''''''''''''Contacts Address or Phone number'''''''''''''''''

just could they pass on the correct email.

I & two other members have written many times to the address given on the web site, and to costa club membership Costa Crociere.16121 Genova.

I am not interested in who controlls Costa or any other line, just need an address.

Yet you continue to spout facts and figures on the the make up of the Carnival brand.

My goodness yet another non-reply to the question.

In one simple quote, Does anyone know the correct email address for the costaclub UK?" we never get a reply from any of them since March this year.

I did not ask for your ''''''''''''Contacts Address or Phone number'''''''''''''''''

just could they pass on the correct email.

I & two other members have written many times to the address given on the web site, and to costa club membership Costa Crociere.16121 Genova.

I am not interested in who controlls Costa or any other line, just need an address.

Yet you continue to spout facts and figures on the the make up of the Carnival brand.

It is on the website dear.....or did you not look?

http://www.costacruises.co.uk/B2C/GB/CostaClub/ContactUs/ContactUs.htm

If you do not get a reply, just wait cos believe it or not, you aren't the only person that they have to deal with....not to mention that as soon as they see your email address, they know the attitude and would probably bin it anyway...which I do not blame them doing if the attitude shown by you here is anything to go by.

Better still...since you are so unhappy with the free perks, go find another cruise line.

I really wish ALL perks were taken away, then it would be a quiet cruise without pax moaning about what they did or did not get and "is this all you think of us" rubbish.

It is on the website dear.....or did you not look?

http://www.costacruises.co.uk/B2C/GB/CostaClub/ContactUs/ContactUs.htm

If you do not get a reply, just wait cos believe it or not, you aren't the only person that they have to deal with....not to mention that as soon as they see your email address, they know the attitude and would probably bin it anyway...which I do not blame them doing if the attitude shown by you here is anything to go by.

Better still...since you are so unhappy with the free perks, go find another cruise line.

I really wish ALL perks were taken away, then it would be a quiet cruise without pax moaning about what they did or did not get and "is this all you think of us" rubbish.

Oh I get it you are either a Politician or work for Costa UK never a straight answer or no answer.

Firstly I do not consider that they are 'free perks' after all we have spent over £80,000 but that is besides the point,

Please do keep up and read the posts.

WE HAVE WRITTEN TO ALL THE ADDRESSES ON COSTA'S WEB_SITE AND TO ITALY, to three email addresses, the one you think is it is just customer service who fail to reply to anything.

This is about a cruise in March and envolves sixteen passengers, but according to you, who is in touch with a contact at UK HO, we should just keep waiting.

Costa has not replied from any address so do you really expect us to just wait for six more months.

If you don't know the answer why on earth do you keep posting.

and bring up how Carnival is in charge.

Oh I get it you are either a Politician or work for Costa UK never a straight answer or no answer.

Firstly I do not consider that they are 'free perks' after all we have spent over £80,000 but that is besides the point,

Please do keep up and read the posts.

WE HAVE WRITTEN TO ALL THE ADDRESSES ON COSTA'S WEB_SITE AND TO ITALY, to three email addresses, the one you think is it is just customer service who fail to reply to anything.

This is about a cruise in March and envolves sixteen passengers, but according to you, who is in touch with a contact at UK HO, we should just keep waiting.

Costa has not replied from any address so do you really expect us to just wait for six more months.

If you don't know the answer why on earth do you keep posting.

and bring up how Carnival is in charge.

There are no other methods of contact....maybe a trip to London is next and you can go picket the office LOL

Archived