Margaritaville Falmouth

PEBBarney

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sent an email to Margaritaville Caribbean and received a reply back today from the general manager that they cannot guarantee when it would be opening but they were working very hard to get it open as soon as possible.

Sent an email to Margaritaville Caribbean and received a reply back today from the general manager that they cannot guarantee when it would be opening but they were working very hard to get it open as soon as possible.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:Uh-oh... seems "Jamaica Time" is setting in. The email I got from them about 8-9 weeks ago was that they would DEFINITELY be open by the end of January. Seems January will come and go...and maybe February, too. I'm thinking my fingers AND toes will have to be crossed for them to be even be open when we stop there in mid-March.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:Uh-oh... seems "Jamaica Time" is setting in. The email I got from them about 8-9 weeks ago was that they would DEFINITELY be open by the end of January. Seems January will come and go...and maybe February, too. I'm thinking my fingers AND toes will have to be crossed for them to be even be open when we stop there in mid-March.

We're going in July and this may even be a push LOL. :D

OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! I hope it's open by the 12th of February! That would be an answer to my prayers!!! You see, I'm the girl that came down from Cincinnati....well, you Parrotheads know the rest of the story!!! My quest in life is to 1st find the perfect Margarita and 2nd to visit every Margaritaville! I was so bummed when I found out Falmouth was so far from Ocho Rios and Montego Bay, I mean, it's a car ride, but not sure I want to roam the countryside of Jamaica just for a margarita! I hope someone comes on and tells us some good news!!!

OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! I hope it's open by the 12th of February! That would be an answer to my prayers!!! You see, I'm the girl that came down from Cincinnati....well, you Parrotheads know the rest of the story!!! My quest in life is to 1st find the perfect Margarita and 2nd to visit every Margaritaville! I was so bummed when I found out Falmouth was so far from Ocho Rios and Montego Bay, I mean, it's a car ride, but not sure I want to roam the countryside of Jamaica just for a margarita! I hope someone comes on and tells us some good news!!!

Have you visited Margaritaville in Niagara Falls, Canada?? Not to far from you. I am a manager there.:)

BABYBLUEYZ - No! I haven't been to that one! I will put it on the list. We are actually getting one in Cincinnati soon and I've been out of a job since last February when my company got bought out, so I'm thinking of applying for a retail position in Cincinnati, as soon as I can find where to do that! What a fun job, and boy the stories I could tell! Myrtle Beach, there was a fire but I thought all the alarms were the giant blender going off! Wasn't until the bartender took the tip jar and money drawer that I picked up my margarita (oh yes I did!) and exited the building. Another time my daughter & son in law joined us at again Myrtle Beach and drank them out of Landshark! We actually closed the place down on Saturday and Landshark was not widely distributed yet, so our last drinks had to be bottles of beer instead of draft...the next day we came in and asked if they got more Landshark and the waiter, big eyed expression said You're THOSE people?? I better get my manager! Hahaha There was never any problems...we just like to have fun and we were buying drinks for others in the house...we like to do that too! In Cancun my daughter was asked on a city bus when she 'worked' again...apparently she was on stage and having such a good time in the Margaritaville there, people actually thought she worked there! Should I go on?? Like having to babysit my 25 year old son in Key West Margaritaville just so he would make it back on the ship, and then BOTH of us looking at each other and thinking twice about it! :o

WOLFGANGHOWELL - Want to share your past experiences?? The things I've read on here and trip advisor are not very good. I'm wondering why RCCL would build this pier...but wait, probably so people will stay on the ship and spend money! hmmmm:rolleyes:

Katy - we've been to Ocho Rios and MoBay before so don't see the need to go back. We've also climbed Dunn Rivers Falls. I would not leave the port area in Falmouth unless I were on an official excursion - period. In order to get to most beaches or excursions, you are on a bus for at least 20-30 minutes each way. Most are longer. They are shared rides which means multiple stops. Last time, our bus stopped at a grimy "shopping mall" that we also had to stop at before. There is nothing there but junk, with police standing around watching the locals try to approach to sell weed.

It's just too much hassle in Falmouth. I think Jamaica is lovely, I think the majority of the people are friendly but the obvious minority spoil it too easily. It's going to have be really amazing for us to leave the Falmouth port area ever again.

Katy,

I'll be in Falmouth on the 14th of Feb, right behind you so leave some fun for us, okay?

I've read a lot about Falmouth both for my last cruise and this one.

It's a new port so it isn't like lots of other locations.

DW and I always felt safe.

It is a ride to some excursions. But we had a great time travelling around Jamaica too. We did Chukka Zipline. Went by Usain Bolt's grade school on the way there.

Here is a current link to a chat with some positive thoughts on Falmouth.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1744663

BABYBLUEYZ - No! I haven't been to that one! I will put it on the list. We are actually getting one in Cincinnati soon and I've been out of a job since last February when my company got bought out, so I'm thinking of applying for a retail position in Cincinnati, as soon as I can find where to do that! What a fun job, and boy the stories I could tell! Myrtle Beach, there was a fire but I thought all the alarms were the giant blender going off! Wasn't until the bartender took the tip jar and money drawer that I picked up my margarita (oh yes I did!) and exited the building. Another time my daughter & son in law joined us at again Myrtle Beach and drank them out of Landshark! We actually closed the place down on Saturday and Landshark was not widely distributed yet, so our last drinks had to be bottles of beer instead of draft...the next day we came in and asked if they got more Landshark and the waiter, big eyed expression said You're THOSE people?? I better get my manager! Hahaha There was never any problems...we just like to have fun and we were buying drinks for others in the house...we like to do that too! In Cancun my daughter was asked on a city bus when she 'worked' again...apparently she was on stage and having such a good time in the Margaritaville there, people actually thought she worked there! Should I go on?? Like having to babysit my 25 year old son in Key West Margaritaville just so he would make it back on the ship, and then BOTH of us looking at each other and thinking twice about it! :o

WOLFGANGHOWELL - Want to share your past experiences?? The things I've read on here and trip advisor are not very good. I'm wondering why RCCL would build this pier...but wait, probably so people will stay on the ship and spend money! hmmmm:rolleyes:

I love my job as Manager at Margaritaville!! You have some good stories, we have been to Grand cayman, cozumel, ocho rios and montego bay and obviously the one I work at in Niagara Falls. We will be in falmouth on feb 8th I am hoping it will be open!!:D

Just returned from the Indy on the 13th, and if this the building, then its no where near finished. It looks like it could be a Margarittaville, lots of wood, tiki looking buildings etc. Not even close tho... I didn't even see a gift shop?? Does anyone know where the gift shop is?

20130110_095643.jpg

thanks "]snowbird cruzer I will check that out. I think we will be going on a river tubing excursion with the ship. I would feel a little safer that way.

[/color]

Babyblueyz I've been to Las Vegas, myrtle beach, Orlando, Key West, ocho rios, grand cayman, grand Turk, cancan, Cozumel and Nashville. This trip I will hit New Orleans and Montego Bay hopefully. This spring I will hit up Chicago and whenever Cincinnati opens, I'll be there the first day!

Thanks whitshel for your report even though its not what I wanted to hear!

Just returned from the Indy on the 13th, and if this the building, then its no where near finished. It looks like it could be a Margarittaville, lots of wood, tiki looking buildings etc. Not even close tho... I didn't even see a gift shop?? Does anyone know where the gift shop is?

20130110_095643.jpg

Thank-you for posting this picture. It has advanced quite a lot since the last picture someone posted. It would be nice if we could get at least one picture per week so people can see the progress (or lack of:().

Keep them coming.....

Archived