Lunyma..Pam

Belle

I'm so sorry about your mother. I wish for what's best for

her.

Also sorry that you had an unhappy birthday. Know your more concern

about your mother than a birthday but I want to wish you belated wishes.

To let you know someone is thinking of you.

A big hug to you and the family at this time.

Not sure if you "checked" Belle's thread...

but wanted to

wish you a belated Happy Birthday...

hoping that this coming year brings much health and happiness to you and your loved ones.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and Mom during this trying time...

unf. I know exactly what you're going through since I went through it this summer.

<<hugs>>

Carolyn

Thank you, Carolyn... for the birthday wishes, and thoughts about mom... We just found out today that she did indeed have a stroke, and they will be inserting a feeding tube, tomorrow. She's been on IV fluids only, for the last few days. Apparantly, the stroke affected her swallowing, and she is no longer able to have any food or drink by mouth. I'm gonna go back to see her tomorrow. Today was just too long a day for me, as I started a new job.

Pam,

Praying that your Mom's comfortable and will be on the way to recovery. I remember a couple of months ago I posted about my "success" w/Cortislim... (at least it helped me sleep and cope with the hospital stresses etc. that I had this summer and didn't need to take other "substances).. I actually was able to lose a few pounds which I didn't totally expect to (wasn't exercising and eating was the same as before). It might be something that will help you handle what's on your "plate" (sorry for the pun).

Good luck with the new job.

Carolyn

Sorry to hear about your mom. Our family went thru this last year with my Mom. Sounds like a similar area affected as she too had a problem with the swallowing. If you recall, I live in the area. Please feel free to contact me.

Thanks, Holly... My mom is at Lutheran General, and if you recall, I'm in BG... The biggest problem right now is that I'm training for a new job, in Carol Stream! By the time I get home, I'm exhausted. Regardless.. I have convinced DH to take me to see her later today, when we both get home.

If you don't mind me asking... What was the outcome with your mom? Feel free to email me at lunyma@aol.com, as to not clutter the board...

Archived