1 cabin or 2

We are considering going on explorer of the sea. Traveling would be myself, husband and, 16 yr old twins. We are debating between 1 outside 1700 sf cabin and 2 inside cabins. It looks like the price is almost identical and this would give us 2 bathrooms.

Has anyone booked adjacent cabins with kids in one and adults in other? How did it work out? Would you do it again? Anything I should be considering?

We are considering going on explorer of the sea. Traveling would be myself, husband and, 16 yr old twins. We are debating between 1 outside 1700 sf cabin and 2 inside cabins. It looks like the price is almost identical and this would give us 2 bathrooms.

Has anyone booked adjacent cabins with kids in one and adults in other? How did it work out? Would you do it again? Anything I should be considering?

When we took our girls, also at age 16, we booked a balcony for us and they were in an inside right across the hall and it worked out great.

I agree with everyone else. Two of my children are now adults but I have always used an inside room across from ours for them. I appreciated the time that my husband and I had of peace & quiet and they really enjoyed having their own. I also could not stand the thought of having the bunks over me while I slept. I look at it as a vacation and some special time for my husband and myself as well as a family vacation.

Also highly recommend 2 cabins. We always put our 3 boys across the hall in an inside, and we had a balcony. Had to originally book with one adult in each cabin, but very easy to change room assignments at GS when on board.

Besides the advantages listed above, 3 teen boys do not have the same level of cleanliness that we expect. They also had different sleeping hours and tv preferences. Plus it is also a vacation for the adults, so a bit more privacy for us was much appreciated.

Happier trip all around when we had 2 rooms.

We are 4: wife, and 2 kids both 15 (my daughter and her best friend) as well as myself. We thought of one cabin, and no more than a few days later I thought that w old be too tight with one bathroom (and me with 3 females!),

I quickly booked a second cabin and even though we haven't sailed yet, I know we did the right thing.

Also highly recommend 2 cabins. We always put our 3 boys across the hall in an inside, and we had a balcony. Had to originally book with one adult in each cabin, but very easy to change room assignments at GS when on board.

Besides the advantages listed above, 3 teen boys do not have the same level of cleanliness that we expect. They also had different sleeping hours and tv preferences. Plus it is also a vacation for the adults, so a bit more privacy for us was much appreciated.

Happier trip all around when we had 2 rooms.

Hi, We've booked 2 connecting cabins this time. On the booking we had to put one adult in each room. Can we change it easily then at GS when on board as I wasn't sure if that was allowed? Many thanks.

We are 4: wife, and 2 kids both 15 (my daughter and her best friend) as well as myself. We thought of one cabin, and no more than a few days later I thought that w old be too tight with one bathroom (and me with 3 females!),

I quickly booked a second cabin and even though we haven't sailed yet, I know we did the right thing.

Lol! :p This is my husband's line too but he says that he is not sharing with more than ONE female!

When we took our girls, also at age 16, we booked a balcony for us and they were in an inside right across the hall and it worked out great.

This is what we usually do...a balcony for us, and an inside or promenade across the hall for our daughters.

We've also done connecting or adjacent cabins too.

Hi, We've booked 2 connecting cabins this time. On the booking we had to put one adult in each room. Can we change it easily then at GS when on board as I wasn't sure if that was allowed? Many thanks.

You do NOT have to put one adult in each room, especially if they are connecting cabins. Royal Caribbean's rule is that the cabins must be connecting, adjacent or directly across the hall from each other.

Call RCI now, or have your travel agent call if you used one, and get the reservations straightened out now.

Archived