Parking at NYC Pier 88

rydan

Besides parking at the pier for $30 a day. Has anyone discovered a less expensive PARKING option close to the port?

I'm curious to hear also- I was planning on just driving to my dad's house out on LI and leaving my car by him. Take LIRR into city and cab it over to pier...but if I can have my car close to the pier I would really prefer to do that so we can drive home as soon as we debark (instead of heading back to LI for our car.:().

Good news it is now 35 per day.

Not sure what you can do but I park by my moms in southern NJ and take a bus to port authority and than cab.

DW does not like it but not going to pay $ 280 to park for 8 day cruise.

We parked at the Weehawkin ferry ($10 a day plus ferry fare, I forget the exact amount but it was under $30pp roundtrip) then from where the ferry drops you off, you can easily walk to pier 88 or take a cab for about $12.

This was a great option for us, was fairly easy and saved us well over $100. Will be doing it again in August.

Besides parking at the pier for $30 a day. Has anyone discovered a less expensive PARKING option close to the port?

Car service is less from NJ ...by about $40

Besides I don`t have to drive into Manhattan

As for cheaper parking in NYC...good luck with that:cool:

Not sure what you can do but I park by my moms in southern NJ and take a bus to port authority and than cab.

$35 per day ?? I'm guessing the info on Carnival site has not been updated as it still says $30?? How much is Miami port parking ? We will be sailing out of Miami in Jan. 2013..wonder how much more it will go up??:eek:

Ouch thats almost a cruise in itself.

Did you try one way rental cars?

I found someone that posted something about an app for the iphone it ask when you are looking to park and it will list garage prices around the city. We may try this as my husband doesn't mind walking a few blocks. the app is call best parking.

would love to hear what you decide to do

Danielle

$35 per day ?? I'm guessing the info on Carnival site has not been updated as it still says $30?? How much is Miami port parking ? We will be sailing out of Miami in Jan. 2013..wonder how much more it will go up??:eek:

I beieve it is $ 20. Lots off off site parking areas for much less.

$245.00 is alot of money for a parking spot but its easy in easy out. No lugging around luggage. We are a family of four so we pay the $$$ and park at the pier.

We agree! Easy in and out, easy with luggage, worth the cost for the convenience for us too.

we stayed in N.J. the night before the cruise, and took a shuttle to the pier.

Do a google search for Park and cruise deals. There are several to choose from. We got a room for $95 with free parking for the whole cruise.

Still a $$$ saver with the $50 cost of shuttle each way.

We plan on doing this anytime we go to NYC. It sure beats the hassle of driving into the city.

Some keep their car at their hotel, but many park in the jersey side and ferry over, then make their way up.

with the way that fares have risen, i will look for someone to drive me in from now on.

parking at the pier used to be the cheapest and easiest option.

I'm curious to hear also- I was planning on just driving to my dad's house out on LI and leaving my car by him. Take LIRR into city and cab it over to pier...but if I can have my car close to the pier I would really prefer to do that so we can drive home as soon as we debark (instead of heading back to LI for our car.:().

We live on LI. Last Miracle cruise we took a cab from our house to the pier. (Ollie's) They charged us $50. On the way home we took a towncar (Black Tie). I think they charged us $80 or so - gratuity included. It was easy in/easy out.

Archived