Azura dining

SiBay

Is the buffet restaurant open each evening for dinner if one doesnt want to use the MDR? If so, until what time?

Many thanks

Yes it is open, I am not sure it is ever closed. Times for dinner, no idea, never used it.

Unless there is something special on my impression is that very few P&O cruisers use the buffet. Way less than 5% and on some ships even less than that.

Gan Canny

Dai

Is the buffet restaurant open each evening for dinner if one doesnt want to use the MDR? If so, until what time?

Many thanks

the Venezia buffet is open for dinner from 6pm to 9.30pm

the starboard side of the Verona buffet changes into a waiter service trattoria from 6.30 to 9.30. the menu is mostly free with a charge for some special items.

I find the buffet a nice relaxed alternative to the mdr if you don't want to partake of multiple courses or want to try the themed evenings. they set out the crockery and napkins etc and you might find that it gets busier as the cruise goes on as people try a change from the mdr. Never crowded though as they just keep adding tables in the port side of the Verona buffet.

The problem with the buffet in the evenings is that it tends to be themed, so if you do not like the theme, you are stuck! They do not have one plain alternative item. It is totally to the theme. In my case, it was the Indian night which was useless to me! For others, it might be say seafood.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The problem with the buffet in the evenings is that it tends to be themed, so if you do not like the theme, you are stuck! They do not have one plain alternative item. It is totally to the theme. In my case, it was the Indian night which was useless to me! For others, it might be say seafood.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

so those evenings what is wrong with eating in the MDR, as I am sure there must be something on there, that would appeal. You do not have to have the 900 courses either. We never eve3r have the coffee etc, so always make our excuses at that poing and leave. If you only wanted 1 course, have just the 1 course, make your excuses and leave. It is not set in stone that you have to eat everything in the MDR

We cruised previously with RCI and the buffet there was excellent, great variety and more of a casual affair if one just fancies a quick bite. I had heard P&O host an all night buffet, but it sounds like Azura is a little different (which is a good thing), so I look forward to trying the various dining options.

Thanks for the replies.

We cruised previously with RCI and the buffet there was excellent, great variety and more of a casual affair if one just fancies a quick bite. I had heard P&O host an all night buffet, but it sounds like Azura is a little different (which is a good thing), so I look forward to trying the various dining options.

Thanks for the replies.

I think it is open all night but just for snacks.

Gan Canny

Dai

We cruised with RCI on Voyager 2 years ago and on P&O Aurora last year, breakfasting and lunching in the buffet most days, and as a family our overall impression was that RCI's buffet was better - slightly more varied, more plentiful and better laid out with regard to traffic. On Aurora last year it was quite common for supplies of a popular item to run out and not be replenished, and by the end of a week it was definitely a case of same old, same old.

RCI's deck buffet on our one sea day was fab-u-lous - they definitely stepped things up a notch, and the fruit and ice carvings and displays were just gorgeous.

RCI or P&O - it's still going to be a struggle not to put on weight!:D

We cruised with RCI on Voyager 2 years ago and on P&O Aurora last year, breakfasting and lunching in the buffet most days, and as a family our overall impression was that RCI's buffet was better - slightly more varied, more plentiful and better laid out with regard to traffic. On Aurora last year it was quite common for supplies of a popular item to run out and not be replenished, and by the end of a week it was definitely a case of same old, same old.

RCI's deck buffet on our one sea day was fab-u-lous - they definitely stepped things up a notch, and the fruit and ice carvings and displays were just gorgeous.

RCI or P&O - it's still going to be a struggle not to put on weight!:D

Agree with the putting on weight but. Can never understand how people can go on cruises and lose weight!! If you get to the buffet and a particular item has run out, just ask one of the assistant waiters or one of the guys from the galley and they will get it for you.

On Azura you also have the Glass House if you fancy a change in the evening. There is a minimal cover charge but you can just have one course and it's things like tapas, burgers etc and it's great. The Verona is also good, next to the buffet, and it has an Italian type of menu, and if I remember rightly it's only things like the lave steaks that you have to pay a surcharge for. There's also speciality dining venues but they're more formal.

Archived