Drury Inn and things nearby

Dannie138

We will get in Friday night...is there any take-out places nearby? Anything to see within walking distance?

(I'm sure we'll be tired, we have a lot of flights and travel that day...)

You're in walking distance of the French Quarter. I'd just go there and sitesee. Enjoy the Drury and the Spirit. We're on the same cruise leaving March 8. We purchased the Drury's Park 'n Cruise package.

• 3 weeks later...

Do they have trolleys or buggeys at night in the French Quarter? I prefer walking but some members of our group can't walk distances. (course they'll probably eat dinner and go straight to bed...:p )

And we'll be in New Orleans in December...what is the weather like there?

Do they have trolleys or buggeys at night in the French Quarter? I prefer walking but some members of our group can't walk distances. (course they'll probably eat dinner and go straight to bed...:p )

And we'll be in New Orleans in December...what is the weather like there?

No trolleys in the Quarter. There are mule drawn buggies, but they are pretty much used for sight-seeing tours, not transportation. Walking or cabs are the best form of transportation.

December may be cold enough to wear a jacket or a coat if you get cold easily.

Dec. weather can be crazy here - we had snow on Dec. 11 and then had the air conditions running on Christmas Eve. So you just never know.

I would not walk from the Drury (on Poydras St) to the Quarter at night - especially if you are not familiar with the area. I would consider it a relatively safe area - like most of downtown and the Quarter, but I recommend that you stay on the streets with people (not through the Central Business District which is the shortest way) which is the long way there.

We walked from the Drury to the FQ at night and felt very safe.

There is also a restaurant just a couple of minutes walk from the Drury called P & G. It is excellent place that a lot of the locals eat at. I don't know if they are open at night. I had a fried oyster Po Boy that was outstanding.

We walked from the Drury to the FQ at night and felt very safe.

There is also a restaurant just a couple of minutes walk from the Drury called P & G. It is excellent place that a lot of the locals eat at. I don't know if they are open at night. I had a fried oyster Po Boy that was outstanding.

We also walked from the Drury to the FQ but we ate at Deanie's which was very good.

Also, for those disembarking, we did the walk-off with our own bags at 7:45am and we were in our car and on our way home at 8:45am.

Archived