24lbs in 24 weeks until the New Year 2013

My NCL cruise leaves Jan 5 from New Orleans :o and I want to try to lose 24 lbs in 24 weeks. I just stepped on the scale and I am 291.6 lbs.:eek: I am sure I can lose more weight but rather be conservative than have grand plans and not make my goal of 267.6 lbs :). Time to watch what I eat and start to exercise :cool: Good luck everyone who might want to start this journey with me before our cruise.

My NCL cruise leaves Jan 5 from New Orleans :o and I want to try to lose 24 lbs in 24 weeks. I just stepped on the scale and I am 291.6 lbs.:eek: I am sure I can lose more weight but rather be conservative than have grand plans and not make my goal of 267.6 lbs :). Time to watch what I eat and start to exercise :cool: Good luck everyone who might want to start this journey with me before our cruise.

That sounds very reasonable to me, George. 1-2lbs a week is considered healthy. Go for it!

I too set my goal higher than my overall goal. I put that i wanted to lose 20lbs, even though in general i'd like to lose 40 or so.

Good luck!!!

Good luck to you too!

I actually put this down in writing yesterday and I figured out that if I can lose 1 lb per week, by the time my cruise comes around I should have lost 42 lbs. 42 lbs sounds l ike a LOT, but one pound a week makes it seem do-able!

NJGeorge! I'm leaving from New Orleans on Jan. 5 with RCCL! I have confidence that you can meet your goal. I started my 'get fit' journey last fall and have made great strides. I've been away from it for awhile and need to get back to business before our trip.

You can do it!

• 3 weeks later...
Down to 287lb and this is down 4lb in 2 weeks.:) 20lbs more to go in 22 weeks.:D In less than 3 weeks, my daughter will be off to college so my wife and I will be empty nesters.:( Will we be better or worse without our kid around?:rolleyes:

I think it's easier without the kids at home. When my son is home for the summer I tend to buy more to suit his tastes. I can eat healthier without having chips and things staring back at me from the pantry.

How are you doing?

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to join in with this thread. I have 24.4 more lbs to get to personal goal. I am a lifetime on WW but at the very,very top of my weight span for my height. 24.4 would put me at a healthier weight and towards the bottom 1/4 th of my weight span.

I had a 3.2 loss this week and have a personal goal of 1 lb per week. I want to be realistic and not face dissapointment at the scale.

24.4 lbs in 24 weeks seems very doable - count me in !

Cari in Indy

:):)

I've been kind of "trolling" these threads looking for a group I could join. You guys sound right up my alley!

I'm going for the 24 pounds in 24 weeks goal too! Granted, my cruise isn't until May, but I'm thinking I could really use a support group during the holidays.

Putting it out there -- I'm 235 pounds today.

That means I should be 211 by March 9th. Surely I'll be able to keep going and hit 199 before my cruise!

Oh the joy of NEEDING to buy new cruise clothes!

Ann

I've been kind of "trolling" these threads looking for a group I could join. You guys sound right up my alley!

I'm going for the 24 pounds in 24 weeks goal too! Granted, my cruise isn't until May, but I'm thinking I could really use a support group during the holidays.

Putting it out there -- I'm 235 pounds today.

That means I should be 211 by March 9th. Surely I'll be able to keep going and hit 199 before my cruise!

Oh the joy of NEEDING to buy new cruise clothes!

Ann

Hi Ann, 24 lbs in 24 weeks seems so doable, doesn't it ? New cruise clothes are quite the incentive too. :D I love that feeling of being able to wear an outfit in a lower size. It just gives me the extra push that I need to keep going.

I agree with you about the holiday season. It is just so tempting. I have already started to reserch some healthy recipes to bring to our family Thanksgiving and Holiday dinners. Planning ahead seems to be a key element in my weight loss so I wont be too tempted with all of the other goodies. I just keep a mental picture of my weight loss goal and that seems to help.

I weighed in yesterday and only lost 1/2 lb for the entire week. I am kind of bummed about it but did lose 3.2 the week before so it does average out.

I started eating breakfast again. I eat a bowl of the Special K high-protein cereal with 1/2 cup skim milk. The protein and fiber in the cereal keeps me full until lunch time. I am not a breakfast eater so this is something that I really have to push myself to do. I have found that I do feel much better when I eat breakfast. I don't get that morning slump like I used to.

Have a great weekend,

Cari

Hi Cari!

Yes, you are right. Breakfast is a key to getting on a healthy journey, and I too, have been one of those who skips it. I bought myself some Special K this weekend and started off my day with a bowl!

I've also loaded up my fridge at work with fruit. I'm thinking that having some canaloupe, grapes, watermelon, apples, etc to snack on will be better than what I've been eating :eek:

Let's keep in touch -- and push each other on!

Ann

I have to be honest, I'm not having a great week. My dh BD was this week and he wanted a German chocolate cake. I made it and promised not to get into it. Well..... I did have a few small pieces along with a few off-limit snacks throughout this past week. I will see how it all turns out at the scales tomorrow. I am jumping back on the wagon so whatever it says, I'll just deal with it and keep on going. :confused:

Anne, good for you for bringing the fruits and veggies to work. I go to WW with a lady that puts tuna or Chicken salad on cucumber rounds instead of using bread or crackers. I don't care for tuna but am going to have to try it next time that I make some chicken salad. I bet it would be good with hummus too. I hope that you are having a great week and do good at your scale.

Keep on keeping on..... :)

Cari

Soooooo, sorry I've been absent.

I've had the worst life this last week. Last Monday I woke up with the worst tooth ache. Of course my dentist couldn't see me, so I started just calling dentists until I could get in. Finally got in to see one in the afternoon and they couldn't isolate the issue, but gave me some Tylenol with Codiene and sent me home. Great. I ate NOTHING that day!

Tuesday the pain is multiplied by 20... I'm almost in tears. I go back to the dentist and tell them Tylenol #3 is only making me sick at my stomach and doing nothing for the pain. They finally figure out I have a cracked molar!!! They change my Rx to Vicodin and sent me to an oral surgeon. He confirms the tooth is not repairable and needs to come out. He tells me I HAVE to eat with the Vicodin. I eat yogurt and a Special K protein shake.

Thursday -- GOD BLESS AMERICA -- I get the tooth pulled, bone grafted and post put in for an implant. Mouth is too numb and painful to eat. I'm put on liquid/soft foods diet for next 2-4 weeks.

Fast forward to today... Mouth still hurts and I'm down 6 pounds!!! Not the way I would recommend this at all. Saw the doctor today and he tells me I HAVE to eat more calories or my mouth won't heal!

I've decided to stop at the store on the way home and stock up on macaroni and cheese! I'm really hoping this 24 in 24 thing works for me! The way I look at it, hopefully I can keep the 6 I've lost already off. But I know that eating enough calories is super important when you are healing.

Soooooo, sorry I've been absent.

I've had the worst life this last week. Last Monday I woke up with the worst tooth ache. Of course my dentist couldn't see me, so I started just calling dentists until I could get in. Finally got in to see one in the afternoon and they couldn't isolate the issue, but gave me some Tylenol with Codiene and sent me home. Great. I ate NOTHING that day!

Tuesday the pain is multiplied by 20... I'm almost in tears. I go back to the dentist and tell them Tylenol #3 is only making me sick at my stomach and doing nothing for the pain. They finally figure out I have a cracked molar!!! They change my Rx to Vicodin and sent me to an oral surgeon. He confirms the tooth is not repairable and needs to come out. He tells me I HAVE to eat with the Vicodin. I eat yogurt and a Special K protein shake.

Thursday -- GOD BLESS AMERICA -- I get the tooth pulled, bone grafted and post put in for an implant. Mouth is too numb and painful to eat. I'm put on liquid/soft foods diet for next 2-4 weeks.

Fast forward to today... Mouth still hurts and I'm down 6 pounds!!! Not the way I would recommend this at all. Saw the doctor today and he tells me I HAVE to eat more calories or my mouth won't heal!

I've decided to stop at the store on the way home and stock up on macaroni and cheese! I'm really hoping this 24 in 24 thing works for me! The way I look at it, hopefully I can keep the 6 I've lost already off. But I know that eating enough calories is super important when you are healing.

Anne, so sorry to hear about your poor tooth. What a way to lose. :(

If you get a chance, Lean Cuisine and WW Smart Ones do made a pretty darn good mac & Cheese. WW also has a broccoli-cheese baked potato. The broccoli is in smaller cuts and really soft. Best of luck for the coming week.

I stopped at Walmart yesterday and picked up some of the new Special K chocolate crisps and Fiber One Chocolate Chip cookie bars. I always get a chocolate craving right after dinner so thought that eating one of these would be far better than some not so good choices. I had one of the Special K crisps last night and eehhh, they were just OK. Probably will not buy that flavor again but may try the Berry or Brown Sugar flavor.

Have a great week. Will check back in on Fri -- my weigh -in day.

Cari

:)

I wasn't doing so well so I started the Fat Smash diet by Dr Ian Smith, the first phase is 9 days, I am on my 9th day and have lost 6.5 pounds. Tomorrow I start phase 2, I've actually stuck to it this time, hard to believe !!!

Archived