Where can you view Sapphire Princess in Brisbane

2CtheC

As far as i know, she is too big to fit under the gateway bridge so that rules her out of stopping at the new cruise terminal. I think she will be docked at fishermans island or maybe the wharf at pinkenba.

Someone here should know exactly where she is going to be stopping

Sapphire Princess will be berthed at Fisherman's Island 1 (Container Wharfs). As it's a restricted area you can't get anywhere near it. The best place to view it from is Luggage Point - which is a the far end of Kingsford Smith Drive. Drive out along Kingsford Smith Drive, under the Gateway Motorway, past the Pinkenba Grain terminal (and former temporary cruise ship terminal), through Pinkemba township until you get can't really go any further. See Refidex page 122.

This will put you on the opposite side of the River, adjacent to Fisherman's Island.

As far as i know, she is too big to fit under the gateway bridge

Thats true, Fisherman Islands dock No 1 is where she will be at 08:00 9/1/07. This link http://www.smd4.transport.qld.gov.au/smd4/ShippingInfo.jsp#Header shows you docks and when ships arrive etc.

But when I cruised on Star early last year (before the cruise wharf was open) it was from within the customs area of Brisbane, so no one from the public was allowed in the area around the ship. So I was wondering if the same applies to Fisherman Island and if you are better off on the northside of the river to see better?

Thats true, Fisherman Islands dock No 1 is where she will be But when I cruised on Star early last year (before the cruise wharf was open) it was from within the customs area of Brisbane, so no one from the public was allowed in the area around the ship. So I was wondering if the same applies to Fisherman Island and if you are better off on the northside of the river to see better?

2dshls2.jpg

i saw the sapphire princess yesterday in sydney.. omg its so nice, and big!!! i would love 2 travel on that one day.. its gorgeous!

my bf and i were thinking why did we have 2 c this nice ship two days before we go on the pacific star lol.. will still b fun

I went down yesterday to see her off but she didnt leave until 10pm.

i did take some photos.

Rockie a poster here was on that ship. I said i would wear a green and gold sombero so they could see me. Hence the photo on the cahill express way. great place to photograph.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76328210@N00/

karon

Hi cruisers.

I too have been following the path of the Sapphire Princess , and looking forward to cruising on her March 12.

She really is beautiful, and I have only had good reports about her.

friends have travelled on board from Singapore and have enjoyed every minute.

kindest regards, Lorraine:) :)

Our friends got off her yesterday in Sydney, she works with my husband. It was their first cruise so can't wait to hear all about it when she returns to work on Monday. She had lost a lot of weight before she left, I think from a size 16- 18 to a 10-12 and was really worried about putting it all back on with all that irrisistable food!!

I introduced her to CC before she left, there were a heap of people going on the Princess boards, they a had been posting for about a year before the cruise, she couldn't believe it as they had only booked theirs a few weeks before they went! She told me she was crazily and obsessively on the computer at work trying to catch up all the gossip!! Lucky my hubby is so wonderful and answered all the phones!!

So easy to do!!

Cheryl

Archived