Can't Go(Catastrophe) - Nov. 27, '05 Regatta

malony33

Hi, Oceania Friends,

I've posted many times in the last few months since I'm an O. newbie, and you've all been so kind and helpful. Then, I finally presented my husband with this exciting 25th wedding anniversary gift - the 12 Petit Ports sailing. He LOVED it: cabin location(6100); St. Bart's(his favorite island); pre-cruise stay in a beautiful hotel in a deluxe room on a high floor overlooking Biscayne Bay;

5-nt. post-cruise stay in a luxury resort on the beach!

Well, you know that famous quote, "...the best laid plans of mice and men..."?

My DH had a stroke last week; he's soooo healthy, too - great cholesterol #'s, lost weight recently, heart and carotid arteries clean as a whistle, neither drinks nor smokes, plenty of exercise and VERY physical work. The good news is that he's made fantastic progress; all the medical people involved in his care expect a 100% recovery in 1 month to 1 year. No cruise, but I still have this extraordinary man.

So, hopefully, we'll see you on an Oceania cruise sometime. Until then, I've enjoyed our chats and I will miss them, and you.

Sincerely,

Barbara Malony

I want to add my best wishes and thoughts and prayers to you and your husband. I hope that he makes a super-speedy recovery and that you can take your anniversary cruise a little later ... when you will, undoubtedly, enjoy it more than you ever thought possible.

Barbara-

You probably have other priorities now, but, if you get the chance to read this, know that we are all pulling for you and your husband. I really enjoyed reading your charming and good natured posts. These boards need more like you.

Speaking as a stroke survivor (when I was 23 years old in 1984), both the treatment and total recovery rate for "cerebral incidents" has improved dramatically!

If I might offer a word of advice, dietary suppliments are SO important for those recovering from brain injury. Niacin, for example, in known to stimulate nerve regeneration. Find your husband a holistic nutricianist, and you'll be shocked at how fast and how well he recovers! It works so well that health plans have started paying for it!

One of the things that we so enjoy about cruising is meeting fellow passengers like you and your husband. Hope to see you "onboard" very soon!

Archived