Conch for lunch

star of county down

We'll be in Key West next week and would like to walk from the port to a good, cheap restaurant that serves conch. Conch sandwich, conch fritters, chowder... We don't mind a good walk and we prefer a place that isn't fancy. Thank you!

If you were standing here...

http://www.shipwreckhistoreum.com/

...and looked to your right you would see a gypsy caravan (it's the only way to describe it). They used to have the best conch fritters, etc. They are not fancy, have no chairs, and you just walk up and order, but the food is very good. They are listed as 1 Whitehead, but I'd thought 1 Front.

Otherwise, B.O.'s Fishwagon on Caroline, about 10 minutes away on the other side of Duval. And for chowder, the Half-Shell Raw Bar at the Key West Bight, about 5 more minutes from B.O.'s.

Pjk

If you were standing here...

http://www.shipwreckhistoreum.com/

...and looked to your right you would see a gypsy caravan (it's the only way to describe it). They used to have the best conch fritters, etc. They are not fancy, have no chairs, and you just walk up and order, but the food is very good. They are listed as 1 Whitehead, but I'd thought 1 Front.

Otherwise, B.O.'s Fishwagon on Caroline, about 10 minutes away on the other side of Duval. And for chowder, the Half-Shell Raw Bar at the Key West Bight, about 5 more minutes from B.O.'s.

Pjk

I live here in KW and agree w/ all 3 suggestions. :)

Archived