How many suitcases?

ufgatorgirl

I was just wondering if any could tell me how many suitcases you can bring per person? Does your garment bag count as one too? And your carry on? I need one for just shoes.... icon_biggrin.gif

Leaving on the Mariner of the Seas Sunday! I can't wait!

The cruise line does regulate the # of bags; there may be a poundage limit (I seem to recall it might be 200 lbs; read your docs). Your airline will have much greater restrictions.

You really need about 1/2 of what you think you need.

Trish

The airlines will let you check 2 suitcases up to 70lbs each and 1 carry on plus a purse or briefcase.If over the weight limit or more than 2 bags to check the price per pound is VERY high,and generally enforced.I would rethink packing if you are taking just one for shoes..icon_smile.gif

Karen

Ü

Thanks all, I don't have to worry about the airlines we live in florida and will be going out of Port Canaveral. Thanks for the thoughts of repacking for just shoes....that's a tough one! I am sure I will pack way more then I actually need..I am good at that.

Happy Cruzin'

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Happy ks:

Karen, You might double check with your airline regarding weight limit. A lot of airlines now limit bags to 50 lbs. each.

Kathy<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are right...I meant to say 50lbs..it used to be 70.I just came back from an International flight too...icon_smile.gif

Karen

Ü

I pack one suitcase full of shoes, and I wear every pair of them! If you love them as much as I do and will wear them, then by all means bring them icon_smile.gif

We recently flew Air Tran and they allowed 3 bags per person. I am pretty sure the weight limit was 70 lbs per bag. We will fly them again for sure!

Port Canaveral is a nice port, enjoy it. Everyone is soooo nice.

Bobbie

Voyager of the Seas in....

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;5;16;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Adventure of the Seas 2-03

Enchantment of the Seas 3-03

Majesty of the Seas 5-03

Adventure of the Seas 9-03

Sovereign of the Seas 11-03

Sovereign of the Seas 1-04

Grandeur of the Seas 3-04

My albums can be viewed with this link...

http://public.fotki.com/bobbie0253/

Your garment bag counts as a piece of luggage.

Also besides weight, watch your size restrictions. I have one carryon that I have been able to carryon every airline except Spirit. EAch airline is different - so check with your airline.

Zenith-Western Caribbean-6/92

Zenith-Eastern Caribbean-6/93

Century-Maiden Voyage-12/95

Galaxy-Southern Caribbean-11/99

Mercury-Northbound Alaska-6/00

Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic-9/01

Horizon-Western Caribbean - Adults only cruise-11/02

Millennium-Westbound Transatlantic 10/26/03

Century - Western Caribbean 1/31/04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cberge:

The airlines will let you check 2 suitcases up to 70lbs each and 1 carry on plus a purse or briefcase.If over the weight limit or more than 2 bags to check the price per pound is VERY high,and generally enforced.I would rethink packing if you are taking just one for shoes..icon_smile.gif

Karen<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived