crazy music loudness

:( One should expect, that companies like Crystal, Sevenseas, Silversea etc. would keep their entertainment sound levels to where 60-70 yr passengers don't have to put the fingers in their ears.

So far I haven't read anything about this even though I hear the same complaints from very many fellow passengers on each cruise.

Corresponding comments to the cruise directors (and the company comments cards) do not lead to any changes to the better.

After all, most of us seniors do not visit discotheks and correspondenly still have our hearing intact. Personally I use a hearing aid, but still with this one taken out, my ears hurt at the shows or at the dancing floors ..

Anybody like to comment on this?

I sail Crystal often and have also sailed Silversea.

I am sensitive to loud noises as my hearing is quite good.

Only on a rare occasion have I been bothered by loud sounds.

Like most things you aren't going to please all of the people all of the time.

Keith

I'm a bit confused by your question. We sail on Regent and Silversea and do not find the music to be loud at all but expect it would be quite loud on ships that cater to the younger crowd. Unfortunately, many people 40 and under already have hearing loss due to loud music and listening to it with earphones. They often do not realize how loud the music really is. If I were around loud music I'm afraid I would have to put earplugs in my ears (and I could still hear the music:confused:

We sail HAL exclusively and when the HAL Cats and whichever singer is present, we leave. All I hear is noise when they start up.

I hate really loud music and don't want to be forced to hear it on vacation. Happily, on HAL ships, it is easy to avoid.

For me, it's not an age thing.

I never liked loud music at any stage in my life.

I rarely went to concerts as I couldn't stand the noise. :sad:

Happily we can avoid it most of the time on the ships.

I don't mind it so loud at the shows, what I REALLY dislike is when it is so loud out and around the pool area that you can't talk to the person next to you with out shouting.

I don't mind it so loud at the shows, what I REALLY dislike is when it is so loud out and around the pool area that you can't talk to the person next to you with out shouting.

One of the things we liked about the "adults only" pool on the Carnival Liberty is that it is much quieter than the main pool area. No blaring music! Ahhhh!:)

Most of the the time the show I find the w music on Princess to be too loud, to the point of distortion. My comment cards always say, Overly loud music in the theatre is not a substitute for good music. Nothing seems to change much though on most of the ships. I did notice on the Star earlier this year the music in the theatre was better

Sandy in Spain

I have sailed exclusively with Princess (14 times so far) and have only rarely found the music to be overly loud. I am one of those who has never liked loud music, so Princess sound levels work for me.

I find the music and vocal presentations often to be too loud on cruise ships and other venues. I usually have ear plugs in my purse and use them.

We have walked out of restaurants before ordering when the music was way too loud.

It noise levels are higher on the cruise ships that want to have more of a party atmosphere.

On a recent river boat cruise we found that the music was not too loud, but the people's talking was especially in the dining room. That is obviously age related as the cruise was marketed to elders and we booked it not understanded that in our mid-60's we were way too young for that cruise.

Archived