NCL Jewel Dress Code

bmcgee1944

So after reading alot of threads I see that NCL is very laid back about dress codes. Thats great since my husband "doesnt believe in sport coats" ha.

My question is...I LIKE to wear dresses...not floor length, formal, wedding attire. But cute knee length dresses (like easter dresses)..am I gonna stick out like a sore thumb in these? I don't really wear shorts alot and now I'm wondering if I should go shopping for some!!

Thanks Again Cruisecritics

So after reading alot of threads I see that NCL is very laid back about dress codes. Thats great since my husband "doesnt believe in sport coats" ha.

My question is...I LIKE to wear dresses...not floor length, formal, wedding attire. But cute knee length dresses (like easter dresses)..am I gonna stick out like a sore thumb in these? I don't really wear shorts alot and now I'm wondering if I should go shopping for some!!

I just came back from the Jewel. On our particular cruise, I saw several women with those sort of dresses when we were in the warm weather and around dinner time. The Jewel has two dress up or not nights, where you can wear formal or semi formal attire if you so choose. On our cruise, not very many people chose to dress up for those nights. I wore a dressy outfit for dinner on those two nights (chiffon skirt and top, and other night velvet pants and sparkly top). I felt that I stuck out somewhat, but I did not really care. We ate at Le Bistro on those nights which is dressier than the other restaurants. I saw a few gals in even dressier outfits. However, during the day and on non-dressy days, most people were very, very casual.

I guess, just wear what you are comfortable in because the cruise is very casual.

:) You'll fit in fine! I've always seen lots of women wearing pretty dresses on my cruises!

Bear in mind, you will see the whoooooole range of outfits on every cruise! From "REALLY? You decided to go out in THAT?" to "I wonder how I can ask her politely where she bought that so I can get one of my OWN..."

I agree with the 2 other posts and I would also add that it really does depend on which restaurant you are dining in. If you want to try one of the upcharge restaurants like Cagney's or LeBistro, then a tea-lenghth (style you like) is quite nice. I've seen people run the gamut from blue jeans and t's to dressy in the restaurants.

Just dress how you want, what makes you comfortable. Most people dress casual.

I'm really not sure whether you are asking about day wear or dinner wear. So I'll address both

For day wear ideas on what other's wear take a look at this you tube video from the summer. As you can see there is everything from shorts, to jeans, to summer dresses.

For dinner wear. Think of going go a restaurant in your home city. You have everything from shorts to suits. NCL cruise ships are the same.

You are your husband will BOTH be very happy on NCL. As previous posters have said, the clothing in the main dining rooms runs the gamut. Most folks are very casual - even on Dress-Up-Or-Not night - but really, there's a live-and-let-live attitude so you'll be fine.

My husband and I tend to dress casually, but we do enjoy seeing others all dressed up. One memorable older couple on our South American cruise was dressed up every night; he was wearing a suit and tie and she was wearing a dressy dress and pearls. Our all-time favorite, however, was a foursome on a Caribbean cruise; the women were dressed to the nines in long dresses, jewels, and elaborate hairstyles, and the men were in Hawaiian shirts and khaki pants!

You are your husband will BOTH be very happy on NCL. As previous posters have said, the clothing in the main dining rooms runs the gamut. Most folks are very casual - even on Dress-Up-Or-Not night - but really, there's a live-and-let-live attitude so you'll be fine.
Absolutely true, and this is one of the reasons we continue to cruise again and again with NCL. I don't know why, but it just seems that NCL cruisers are a very friendly, non-judgmental bunch.

Archived