Can you bring canned sodas onboard a Princess cruise?

Nacwolin

Can you bring canned sodas on board when you embark, as well as from port calls? If so, what is the best way to do so (cooler, in your luggage, etc.)?

Also, I know they allow you to bring wine and/or champagne - what are the limitations on that (how many are allowed total and/or per person)?

Thanks!

Can you bring canned sodas on board when you embark, as well as from port calls? If so, what is the best way to do so (cooler, in your luggage, etc.)?

Also, I know they allow you to bring wine and/or champagne - what are the limitations on that (how many are allowed total and/or per person)?

Thanks!

we brought two 24 packs of pepsi on our first cruise....we didn't even drink them all! we had no problems bringing the soda as we put it in a suitcase

When we were on the Regal out of San Francisco, we actually checked in, then left the ship to go to the local Safeway supermarket 2 blocks away from the pier to buy soda. Returned and went through Princess Security with no problems.

Thanks! This place is a wealth of great information :).

Still wondering if anyone knows the limitation(s) on amount of wine/champagne you can bring on board? Our agent thought it was one bottle per person on Princess. Can anyone verify this?

No problem ever bringing soft drinks aboard ship, but now I don't because getting the soda card makes getting my unlimited drinks on board easier than trying to schlep some onboard. I want that suitcase space for things that count.

We have purchased wine in port many times. On our last cruise, DH brought 6 bottles in one port onboard. No problems. We usually carry a wine opener in our checked luggage so we have it with us. We asked our cabin steward for wine glasses and got them. If you bring your bottle into the dining room for the waiter to open, a $15 corkage fee applies.

Still wondering if anyone knows the limitation(s) on amount of wine/champagne you can bring on board? Our agent thought it was one bottle per person on Princess. Can anyone verify this?

The Princess site says one bottle per person. Doesn't mention size limitation or how they'd treat a boxed wine (yes, I know they're not as good but less likely to break in transit!)

J

Upon embarkation, we stop at the nearest Walgreens/Longs etc. and pick up a 12 pack case of water and a 12 pack case of Sprite Zero (my favorite soft drink). We check the soda and water at the pier just like luggage! Never had a problem with this.

What a wonderful idea! We would love to take a case of pop onboard with us, does anyone know if there are any nearby shops from where Princess ports in New York? Im getting xfers through princess so i cant ask to stop to get it on the way, it would need to be something within walking distance.

Thanks so much

That's such a good idea! We're planning on bringing wine/champagne as the list they sent didn't look very extensive. Is that just for room service though?

Love the soda idea - my husband loves this homemade root beer that's around here, and I know he'd love it on the cruise.

Upon embarkation, we stop at the nearest Walgreens/Longs etc. and pick up a 12 pack case of water and a 12 pack case of Sprite Zero (my favorite soft drink). We check the soda and water at the pier just like luggage! Never had a problem with this.

Being a Pepsi drinker, this sounds great. So you just slap on a luggage tag, correct? :)

Archived