Tendering on Crown Princess

myba16

I am booked on the Crown Princess December 11 going to Grand Cayman. We arrive at 7 am and have to tender to port. I am looking into a wave runner tour (from Island Marketing) and the only one left leaves the dock at 8:30 am. Will I be able to make it off the boat by 8:30? I cruised on Royal Caribbean a few years ago and we had to tender at Cozumel and without cruise line shore excursion tickets we had to go to passenger services and get tickets and wait for our number to be called and took a few hours to get off the boat. How does tendering work with Princess?

The same way. You go to a gathering place (you'll be notified in the Patter where it is) with all your party, get a ticket, and wait until your group is called. You'll need to be very early to get an low number if you book an excursion for 8:30.

The Crown Princess used the larger tenders from Grand Cayman as well as the ship's tenders to get everyone on shore when we went there in March. By the time we went at 9:00 they weren't doing tickets any longer. People on tours need to be in the area early to get their tickets to be on shore by the specified time. They run an average of 4 tenders at one time in the beginning.

I am booked on the Crown Princess December 11 going to Grand Cayman. We arrive at 7 am and have to tender to port. I am looking into a wave runner tour (from Island Marketing) and the only one left leaves the dock at 8:30 am. Will I be able to make it off the boat by 8:30? I cruised on Royal Caribbean a few years ago and we had to tender at Cozumel and without cruise line shore excursion tickets we had to go to passenger services and get tickets and wait for our number to be called and took a few hours to get off the boat. How does tendering work with Princess?
Sounds like Princess has essentially the same system. There'll be a notice in the Patter the night before about where to get the tender tickets. And, as others have said, you have to be very early to be among the first.

The ship will arrive at 7am but it will probably take about half an hour to set up the dockside landing and the local officials to clear the ship. Chances are that disembarkation won't start until 7:30am or later. It takes at least 20 - 25 minutes from the time you board the tender until you land on the shore. `

Archived