Navigator Refit Soon?

room010

I vaguely remember reading that Navigator is about to undergo a refit. Is this correct or am I having an increasingly frequent senior moment? We are booked on the 2 July Anchorage-VanQ cruise (RollCall currently 2 - where is everyone??) so I assume this refit will be carried out reasonably soon and we will have a clean and sparkly new ship to enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

I can report that the Navigator is now in the Seaspan drydock facilities in North Vancouver.

I've recently moved to North Vancouver and have a panoramic view of Canada Place and west to the Lions Gate Bridge and have the pleasure (or is it torture by temptation?) of watching the cruise ships leave on their way up to Alaska. It was a bit of a surprise to see a ship leave Canada Place last night and head the "wrong way" - east! I didn't know at that time it was the Navigator, but saw the name this morning as I was heading through Lonsdale Quay. There's not much to see from the outside - there were people moving around on the decks (crew or the shipbuilding personnel?), and cranes moving into place externally.

Just got off theNav yesterday. I was surprised how tired she looked. Horribly stained carpet, broken and worn banisters, severely chipped floors in the elevators. Our suite had broken flooring on our deck that had been repaired with a variety of fasteners.

I hope all of this is addressed in this dry dock.

Thank you so much for the photo!

We were on the Navigator this past winter. We stayed in a "C" Penthouse Suite.

When I boarded in FLL on February 27th, 2012, my first impression was, "What have I gotten myself into here for 10 days?"

We are Platinum on Princess and had just got off the Crown 2 days earlier. A comparison was enevitable.

Turns out, it was the best cruise we have ever taken, thanks to the staff (especially the Cruise Director) and the wonderful guests we met!

I did notice a lot of things, especially the carpets, that needed refurbishment, but the service and staff made up for everything. The ship was like a comfortable pair of old slippers.

I will be posting a long-overdue full review of this cruise shortly.

Carl (and Brett)

Waverley, NS, Canada

Here's a couple more photos from this morning. Second one is taken from the Seabus (ferry) - apologies for the quality, they really need to clean the Seabus windows. Not much to see externally. They do seem to be doing something with the funnel - it has scaffolding around it, and earlier this week there appeared to be furniture (possibly, the old beds?) on some of the balconies, but they seem to have been removed now.

If anyone is in Vancouver and wants to take a look, just take the Seabus from Waterfront to North Vancouver, and you get a good view of her.

994484495_Navigator-May20.jpg.f13c6991d935687cfdcf28c81b3698b0.jpg

1614357155_Navigator-drydock-May20.jpg.f3ad2cc8968d88cfe0de6bcb065b52e7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived