Cabin Crawl????

sandune

I have been on 6 cruises-all with RC..and this is the 1st I have heard of a Cabin Crawl...can anybody enlighten me as to what it is? I am assuming that it like an open house in your cabin-am I close:rolleyes:???? Thanks, Susie

• 2 weeks later...

Something like that....a group of folks agree to let everyone see their cabin type....sometimes, drinks are provided or snacks or silly gifts...but you certainly don't have to go that far!

We did an "informal" cabin crawl/viewing with our tablemates.....everyone had a different catagory cabin, so after dinner one night, we all went a took a peek at everyone's accomodations....it's a nice way to see what the ship has to offer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I never thought to look there. I've only looked at my own pictures to see the fun. LOL.

This coming up Halloween cruise, we're going to have a Wine Walk and sample the different wines that everyone brings.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure we'll still incorporate a cabin crawl, too. LOL.

Something like that....a group of folks agree to let everyone see their cabin type....sometimes, drinks are provided or snacks or silly gifts...but you certainly don't have to go that far!

We did an "informal" cabin crawl/viewing with our tablemates.....everyone had a different catagory cabin, so after dinner one night, we all went a took a peek at everyone's accomodations....it's a nice way to see what the ship has to offer.

Did this back in 2000 on the Majesty of the Seas and never even knew we were doing it!!:D

Cabin crawls are great fun! We did one last year. We started in a ship bar and everyone bought the beverage of their choice, then headed out to the cabins, starting with an inside, then outside, balcony, jr. suite, suite. At each cabin, someone handed out a playing card to each participant. When we got to the suite (the biggest cabin on the crawl) the person with the best poker hand won a bottle of champagne - which was provided to us free of charge by the ship concierge!

• 1 month later...

The CC group aboard the Grand in January organized one and it was a lot of fun seeing the different types of cabins. As DW has MS and we have to book an accessible cabin, people were quite interested in seeing one of those as there aren't a lot on ship.

are the drinks, snacks or silly gifts provided by the cruise line or something the cabin residents provide? Looking at some on youtube, it looks like controlled chaos!

i love the idea of the playing cards. Since the ship concierge provided the bottle of wine, did he arrange the cabin crawl or did the people who organized it just ask the concierge if they could provide a gift at the end?

Archived