luggage dimensions

JC in CA

Just a question- on the luggage tag- it says luggage "should" be no larger than 24"x16" with no length restriction. Not "must" be. I asked my PVP about it today- she said she had never heard of it- and not to worry about it. I also found the same dimensions on the Carnival web site.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Leaving on the Paradise on Monday- sure hope my PVP is right- we have 15 people traveling in our group and I told them all not to worry about the size of their bag!

-JC in CA

I always take a bag that is 28" x 20" x 12"...

Never a problem....

If I remember correctly the size you mention is for a piece you would want to carry on. It would not fit through the xray machine if it were larger....

PS: 24 is the length and 16 is the width....

From the Carnival web site under Luggage Restrictions

"Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds and not exceed 16"H x 24"W (no length restrictions). Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 16"H x 24"W (no length restrictions). This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags. Please note that Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on luggage. "

Never had an issue with checked or carry on. The luggage I use for the checked luggage is bigger then Carnival's suggestion. :D

We did run into a situation last year on Cruisin' With The Crazies Too out of Galveston. A security person (not employed by Carnival, third party...) forced us to put our carry on bags in one of those 'Your carry on bag must fit HERE' frames that you used to see at airports. Mine fit fine, kinda, but Firefly's sister's bag didn't. Believe it or not she had to take it back and check it because the WHEELS STUCK OUT BEYOND THE FRAME!!! Yep.

After we returned I had an email exchange with a few folks and not only was the frame gone the next time we sailed from Galveston but the very rude security person was positioned elsewhere.

Carnival emphasizes that the sizes are RECOMMENDATIONS put there because it makes it more convenient for those who are traveling by air...

:)

Archived