Belize Beach Break on Carnival

Leila

Does anyone know how this excursion works? It says on carnival.com that you go via tender, so do you think there are multiple departure times? And that you can come back early if you wanted to? My mother and sister would be taking my 2 yo daughter, so I don't want themt o be stuck there for 4 hours if she hates it, and I also don't want them to have to leave too too early! DH and I will be cave tubing with Yhonni - we're so excited!

L.

We just did this the week of Thanksgiving. The beach break with Carnival goes to a little island, "Bannister Island". It's heavenly!! The water was very rough that day, but it made the tender ride fun! I get motion sick and it didn't bother me at all, just a fun ride! The tenders are pretty big and seat about 75 people. The staff on them are super nice and enjoy telling you about their country and making sure you are totally fine. In about 15 minutes, we were there.

The island is tiny, but BEAUTIFUL!! If you have ever been to any of the cruise lines private islands, this is what it reminded me of! There are TONS of chairs both in the sun & shade. The beach is sandy and full of shells as soon as you get to the water. (Never seen anything like it!) There are also floats there to use for free in the water.

There is a little grille to get food from (burgers, hot dogs, chicken fingers, etc...) There are 2 little gift shops, a playground and nice/clean restrooms. There is volleyball, massages, hair braiding, pedal boats & canoes as well.

You can't leave the island early though, it's a group tender ride. The tenders don't move while you are there. I can't imagine that 4 hours would be too long though, it's fantastic! I would think that any age would enjoy themselves and find something to do. Plenty for kids to entertain themselves with and plenty of rest for adults looking for it!

If you want to hear about our adventure there and see pictures...check out my blog!!

http://www.tannerlife.blogspot.com/

Scroll down and look for the day in Belize! Any more questions, leave them on the blog and I'll answer them!!

Archived