Manzanillo excursions

Oregonian

We're looking at 3 posible Celebrity-offered excursions in Manzanillo (and are open to non-ship tours as well). One is snorkeling at Elephant Rock (4 hours). We love snorkeling, but don't know what the quality is here. Anybody done this? Second excursion is the Cuyutlan Eco Paradise Tour, 6 hours including a cruise in the Palo Verde lagoon and lunch in a fishing village. Sounds really interesting to us (we also love nature), so have the same question. And third is a 5 hour resort getaway (don't know which one they use). I wonder about the latter whether we could just do the same ourselves and pay a day fee. Any comments?

This is the fourth in a string of emails about excursions at different ports on our upcoming 2/28 Mercury cruise.

Ira

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you look at the Manzanillo map you should see customs and immigration - this the area that the ship will dock - it's about 2 - 3 km to the heart of the city - i walked it back in April - it has a number of parks, plazas and statutes before you come to the town center - there is a broadwalk that starts just outside the port area that can be followed all the way into town - there is also an inexpensive shuttle that will take you into town - this is an industrial port and the people seemed to be very friendly and wanting to try out their English - the town center is more small townish - mostly t-shirt and tequila places - while the shop keepers were fairly pushy to get you to buy their was a distinct lack of beggars hounding you as you walked the streets and you felt safe walking into town.

Hope this helps.

Dennis

Hello friend,

Please come see my new photos on PhotoIsland.com!

To get there, simply click the address below and enter your guest password: 1111

http://www.photoisland.com/servlet/GuestLogin?USERNAME=hommebronze2

If that doesn't work, go to http://www.photoisland.com, and log in to my albums with the following information:

Log-in ID: hommebronze2

Guest Password: 1111

Archived