4J cabin on Dream

WORK4VACATION

What's a 4J?

A 4J is an inside cabin at the front of a ship with a picture window. Often looks out on what people refer to as the "secret deck" on the front of some ships. Not all Carnival ships have this deck area.

We're booked in one for next September on the Freedom. It should be an interesting experience, we generally go for balconies.

I don't know which 4J you booked, but here is a link to 9201. We had it last year and loved it.

http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt25/welldone60/Dream%209201/

Great pictures, thanks for posting. We have 10203 for next month. That room is missing from cruise line rooms dot com. I'll post some after our cruise.

I don't know which 4J you booked, but here is a link to 9201. We had it last year and loved it.

http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt25/welldone60/Dream%209201/

We are booked in 9201 on the Breeze in February. I notice there is a stairway on one side of the cabin. Do you know where this goes and if it is accessible from inside or outside? Is there a door on each side of the ship to go out to the "secret deck"? Are there benches or other seating out there?

Thank You,

Bill

We are booked in 9201 on the Breeze in February. I notice there is a stairway on one side of the cabin. Do you know where this goes and if it is accessible from inside or outside? Is there a door on each side of the ship to go out to the "secret deck"? Are there benches or other seating out there?

Thank You,

Bill

There is a inside door with a stairway for crew only, to where I don't know. On the outside deck, there is a stairway that takes you up to deck 10 (Lido) outside deck. Only one door to the outside deck. There is one or two benches on the deck, no chairs.

We booked one of the 4J's on deck 10 (Lido) for our 2/16/13 Breeze cruise.

I think you will love 9201. The layout is nice, gives you room to move around without running into each other.

• 3 months later...
Great pictures, thanks for posting. We have 10203 for next month. That room is missing from cruise line rooms dot com. I'll post some after our cruise.

How did you like 10203? We are booked in this room on the Breeze May, 2013.

Did the motion bother you since you were in the front of the ship? I mean was there more of a rocking sensation? Also was it noisy from the waves hitting the font? Thank you for any replies.

you are prettty high up to be hearing the waves hitting the front of the ship.

the best front of the ship is 9200 on the Valor-- I tried to book it for many many weeks for next year and some lucky souls already have it booked the entire season.

it is because of this post that I tried to book it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28373379&postcount=18

Archived