Getting boarding passes printed - concierge?

erdoran

If you are a suite guest will the concierge print your boarding passes and is there cost for that other than a tip? Are there other inexpensive or free ways to print boarding passes? We'll probably sign up for the bags program, but we'll only have one checked bag so that means they'll only print one boarding pass! Or does anyone know if American has a check-in kiosk at Miami airport that's faster than standing in the long, long lines?

If you are a suite guest will the concierge print your boarding passes and is there cost for that other than a tip? Are there other inexpensive or free ways to print boarding passes? We'll probably sign up for the bags program, but we'll only have one checked bag so that means they'll only print one boarding pass! Or does anyone know if American has a check-in kiosk at Miami airport that's faster than standing in the long, long lines?

When you are directed to the VIP lounge at the terminal where you embark, there will be a couple of reps there who will check you in but the Concierge will give you your stateroom keys. The stateroom key is really your "boarding" pass. AA does have self service kiosk at the Miami airport and after you check in you walk up to a little counter and they will give you your baggage sticky thing and then direct you on where to take your luggage for it to go through the security machine and off it will go.

Thanks, but I should have perhaps been clearer--I meant boarding pass for my flight home! I'm trying to avoid standing in lines at the airport. My plan is to use the BAGS program onboard for one of us and our single bag. I understand that they print one boarding pass, for the person using the program. For person #2, how can I get that boarding pass for our flight home printed without paying extra?

I can't tell you if the concierge can print it for you but I can tell you that it's prety inexpensive to print it out on your own at the internet room.

Just pay per minute (won't take you more than 5 minutes), plus a 3.95 connection fee. It would be under $7 or $8 bucks....I'd pay $7 or $8 bucks to stay out of a long line at the airport:D

Yes, the concierge can print it for you or you can do it yourself - which is very easy and inexpensive. However, if you are staying in a AF (mini-suite) I wouldn't ask the concierge.

No, we are in a spa suite which is full suite perks. do I pay the concierge for the Internet connection time in addition to a tip, or just tip for this?

Each ticketed passenger for the flight will be able to print out boarding passes. It will be under your AIRLINE reservation code. About printing it out, no clue, but self check-in goes quickly. :)

No, I know HOW to print boarding passes, I'm just trying to avoid having to pay $5 to $10 to print one single pass on the ship!! If I were home I'd print them at home off my computer. On the ship I could pay for computer time, as a previous poster had said, but I had heard that the concierge might print them for suite pax on request, for free (other than tip). I'm trying to find out if this is correct information! If not, whether there is a kiosk at the airport that is 100% self-service so I don't have to wait in line for an hour, as has happened in the past.

Why bother? I quit printing my boarding passes or checking in online. I use the "Bags" program which is great, then show up at the airport and check in. I cruise 2 to 4 times a year and have determined that printing my own boarding pass really only benefits the airline. Also, (for Alaska Air) if you don't check in online and when you get to the airport, if you are lucky enough to upgrade to 1st class, bags are included! If you check in early, print the boarding pass and pay for bags - no refund for baggage fees if you do get to upgrade. SAFE TRAVELS>>>>>

Why bother? I quit printing my boarding passes or checking in online. I use the "Bags" program which is great, then show up at the airport and check in. I cruise 2 to 4 times a year and have determined that printing my own boarding pass really only benefits the airline. Also, (for Alaska Air) if you don't check in online and when you get to the airport, if you are lucky enough to upgrade to 1st class, bags are included! If you check in early, print the boarding pass and pay for bags - no refund for baggage fees if you do get to upgrade. SAFE TRAVELS>>>>>

I have one bag to check. We are two travelers. I don't want to pay $20 EACH to the BAGS program for a single bag. I don't want to wait in line at the airport to print a boarding pass or to check in. I am not going to be able to upgrade to first class because these tickets are with freq flyer miles and I don't fly enough otherwise to get upgrades.

Do you know what the earliest time for airport departure is for you to be able to use the BAGS Program?

I usually just bring my confirmation with me, then use the kiosk at the airport. It's quick and easy. Almost never have to wait to use the kiosk, and even then, never had more than 1 person in front of me. Those kiosks have given me cheap upgrades to first class a couple times too.

I usually just bring my confirmation with me, then use the kiosk at the airport. It's quick and easy. Almost never have to wait to use the kiosk, and even then, never had more than 1 person in front of me. Those kiosks have given me cheap upgrades to first class a couple times too.

Thanks, that is exactly what I need to know!!

We happened to be in port 24 hours before flying out so I checked in online to get my boarding group and then once at the airport they printed the actual passes.

No, we are in a spa suite which is full suite perks. do I pay the concierge for the Internet connection time in addition to a tip, or just tip for this?

No, it's not necessary. I give the butler,the concierge and the room attendant, cash at the end of the cruise. However, if I'm cruising during some kind of holiday (Christmas, Easter or whatever) I bring a card with me and give it to them on the specific day.

This is a little off topic but maybe someone can answer my question on online checkin for boarding passes. I have always checked in the day of my flight and have been offered an upgrade to first class a few times. If I check in online 24 hours in advance do they offer first class upgrades then or is that only offered on the day of the flight? Thanks for any help you can give me with this.

We have used the AA kiosks at MIA, no problem. Also, if you have a smartphone, you can download your boarding pass to your phone on the way to the airport, and use that as well. :cool:

Actuaily I do....are you saying that I don't need to print my boarding pass, that it can be used directly off my Droid?? I had heard about a program like that, wasn't aware that it was mainstreamed!

Actuaily I do....are you saying that I don't need to print my boarding pass, that it can be used directly off my Droid?? I had heard about a program like that, wasn't aware that it was mainstreamed!

Sorry to disappoint, but MIA is not on the current list of airports where you can use mobil check in.

Here's AA's link if you are curious:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/mobileBoarding.jsp

If you use it, TSA and gate attendant will just scan from your phone instead of from the piece of paper.

I have an iPhone, but honestly have not tried it. I like using the kiosk because, as someone mentioned, I've been offered cheap upgrades when checking in at kiosks (I think the computer may make this offer when seats are available to pax who the computer "knows" to be upgraders). In fact, we got this offer from San Juan to MIA last November when the "Dawn Adrift" cruise cut our trip short, and we booked our own flight back to MIA. Also, the kiosk lets you see other seats available in case you want to change seats (but I think you can now do this on your phone as well.

Archived