Royal Suites on Galaxy

micdeb

Just wondering if there is a particular Royal Suite that is better than the others as far as space, location etc. We have enjoyed the Celebrity Suites on the Millinium Class of ships, but have not had a suite on the Century Class and just needed some input from the experts.

Mic & Deb

Grandeur of the Seas 1997

Voyager of the Seas 2000

Mecury 2001 - Alaska

Explorer of the Seas 2001

Summit - Hawaii 2002

Infinity Panama 2003

Mic & Deb, We too have have several RS on the M-class ships and love them. We had our first RS on a C-class ship last New Year's (Mercury, a sister to Galaxy). Although they aren't quite as luxurious as those on the M-class, we really enjoyed it. We missed the bigger balcony and jacuzzi, but really liked the whole wall of windows in the living room as opposed to just the one sliding door on the M-class.

I don't think there is one that is preferable to the others.

Sue

sueclark@aol.com

Constellation Transatlantic 9/7/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;9;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Infinity Panama Canal 4/17/05

Only as a last resort take one the ones on the ends next to another cabin class. The configuration will put the main part of your balcony next to their's and you will have less privacy. The ones in the middle have the angle of the bedroom adjoining and therefore you have more privacy on your balcony!

Just a word of warning......we were in a RS on the Century and after midnight the crew decided to move chairs and clean the deck above. We had to complain each night.

Always check on whats above your cabin.....we no longer take RS if Public deck above

I'll chime in hereicon_smile.gif We were in RS 1038 on Galaxy last year, which is under the pool area. Never heard a thing from above.

This topic seems to get discussed from time to time and some people say they heard noise, others don't. It seems to be luck of the draw. The only RS that seems to regularly (but not always) receive comments is 1054, which is under the grill area.

We were very pleased with 1038. Actually, we LOVED it! icon_smile.gif As ebonybee says, 1045 and 1040 have more privacy as there are solid walls each side, but I'd still book any of them.

Phil

Mercury Western Caribbean November 2002

Galaxy Eastern Caribbean November 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600 <BR

Until Galaxy Panama Canal Out Of Galveston

13th November 2004

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Well we did it! Just booked 1045 for April 2005 out of Galveston! Thanks for all of the input!

Mic & Deb

Grandeur of the Seas 1997

Voyager of the Seas 2000

Mecury 2001 - Alaska

Explorer of the Seas 2001

Summit - Hawaii 2002

Infinity - Panama 2003

Saphire Princess - Mexican Rivera 2004

Galaxy - Panama 2005

micdeb, well done. We are in 1045 in November. We promise to keep it nice for you icon_smile.gif

I am sure you will love it. Have a great cruise. I'll be doing a review when we get back.

Sue, you are right!!!

Phil

Mercury Western Caribbean November 2002

Galaxy Eastern Caribbean November 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600 <BR

Until Galaxy Panama Canal Out Of Galveston

13th November 2004

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Mic and Deb - which cruise in April? We're booked on the 4/14 - the coolest part is that it's only 10 minutes from the house!!!

Celebrity to Panama 4/14/05

NCL Star to Alaska 6/6/04

NCL Sea Transition Cruise 10/03

NCL Norway to Caribbean 02/03

Carnival Celebration to Caribbean 05/93

I agree with those who have said once you have a RS, it will be hard to do anything else. We debated between a Sky Suite and RS but are so glad we chose the RS and loved it. WE were in 1038 as well and heard no noise, which had been my husband's concern.

Enjoy!

Carol

Hi:

I am not familiar with Clebrity's Galaxy and we booked an RS for our Jan.22nd Panama Canal cruise out of Galveston. Our suite # is 1057. Is this a good location or should I expect some surprises?

Fausto

TXSailor - Not only are you in San Antonio but you have the same cabin.....on different cruises of course. We're booked for RS 1057 on the 21 March sailing....don't damage it too much!

By the way, what part of SA do you live in? We're in the North Central, Canyon Springs area.

My dream is to get a RS! Just can't afford the $$$$ right now. Booked a SS for my next cruise. Maybe the upgrade fairy will visit me????? (yeah right!)

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what criteria Celebrity uses for upgrades?

MoonBaby - pure luck. Celebrity doesn't seem to have a common policy on upgrades. The only way to be sure is to pay for it. Be happy with what you have paid for. I'm sure it is not unheard of, but to get an upgrade fairy to give you an RS from a SS booking is quite a jump. If you go thinking you may have a chance of getting a free upgrade you will probably be disappointed. You could always try at dockside, to see if there is a higher grade cabin available. You'll have to pay, of course. Might be a lot, might be a good price, depending on the sailing. It's worth asking. We had a SS on Mercury and loved it!:)

Phil

Phil,

We had a SS on the Mercury too! We had SS 1205. Loved it! And this was an upgrade..we had booked the cat 1 suite (now possibly CC, not sure, with them changing the categories!) It really meant just a bigger balcony, but it was nice! Maybe Celebrity did it cause it was our honeymoon??? no idea!

And no...I don't expect Celebrity to upgrade us to a Royal Suite.....just dreaming!!!!!!!!!! One day we will be able to afford it!:D

Moonbaby, the SS definitely has a bigger balcony than the RS. The RS is more private at the expense of shade from the overhanging deck above. We were in one of the SS that were Cat 1s on deck 10 before the change. Smaller balcony than on deck 12, but we still loved it.

Enjoy your cruise!:) :cool:

Phil

I had 1045 on Galaxy in March. It is a great choice! My only complaint was the condition of the furniture, which I noted on my comment card, so I'm curious to know if they've refurbished the suite.

This was a repositioning cruise, and the cost of the RS was half what it normally goes for. So don't dispair, just keep a look out for repositioning cruises and you might be surprised that you CAN afford a Royal Suite.

Archived