Costa Favolosa - questions

msclover

Dear all,

As a frequent MSC passenger, I have some questions regarding the Costa Favolosa... it's not the first time I sail a Costa ship but it is the first time I have to choose the restaurant and the first time I'm booked in a Suite, so I have some questions for you guys:

1) Which Restaurant (Duca d'Orleans or Duca di Borgogna) and which deck (3 or 4) should I pick and why?

2) Do you know what kind of benefits do we get for booking a Suite? I've been searching it on the website but it's quite confusing!

Thank you a lot for your precious help!

Happy Sailings!

beyond the extra space, suite benefits are very, very few. a bottle of prosecco and in-suite dining (from the regular dining room menu) are the biggest. room sevice is brought by a 'butler'. daily fruit bowl. there are nicer bath products. a pilow menu. no priority tendering. priority disembarkment is a joke.

beyond the extra space, suite benefits are very, very few. a bottle of prosecco and in-suite dining (from the regular dining room menu) are the biggest. room sevice is brought by a 'butler'. daily fruit bowl. there are nicer bath products. a pilow menu. no priority tendering. priority disembarkment is a joke.

Thank you, AnonymousCruiser69!

Read something about a free dinner at the specialty restaurant (Favolosa Club)... do you know anything about it?

Thank you, AnonymousCruiser69!

Read something about a free dinner at the specialty restaurant (Favolosa Club)... do you know anything about it?

yeah. that is included. i took advantage of it. it was nice enough. i wouldn't pay for it, but the specialty restaurant was a nice experience. top-notch service. reservation was difficult, so book ahead.

Dear all,

As a frequent MSC passenger, I have some questions regarding the Costa Favolosa... it's not the first time I sail a Costa ship but it is the first time I have to choose the restaurant and the first time I'm booked in a Suite, so I have some questions for you guys:

1) Which Restaurant (Duca d'Orleans or Duca di Borgogna) and which deck (3 or 4) should I pick and why?

2) Do you know what kind of benefits do we get for booking a Suite? I've been searching it on the website but it's quite confusing!

Thank you a lot for your precious help!

Happy Sailings!

If you are in Samsara Suite (crazily expensive) - you get benefits of Samsara package which is excellent.

If you book a regular suite - you just waste your money.

Regular balcony cabins on this ship are spacious enough and have good locations, so there is no need to waste money on a suite.

How much money you lose depends on the price difference between a suit and a regular balcony cabin.

A dinner in a specialty restaurant is not worth a difference.

If you are ready to spend money on this ship book a regular cabin.

Spend the difference on Samsara Spa package that includes a separate dining room (7 days or less).

Duca di Borgogna is located midships. Never deck 4 - no sea views.

Duca d'Orleans is located on the stern. Great views. There is a noticeable vibration in the very aft part.

The aft view of Duca d'Orleans on Costa Favolosa:

lgroo.jpg

If you are in Samsara Suite (crazily expensive) - you get benefits of Samsara package which is excellent.

Regular balcony cabins on this ship are spacious enough and have good locations, so there is no need to waste money on a suite.

How much money you lose depends on the price difference between a suit and a regular balcony cabin.

Spend the difference on Samsara Spa package that includes a separate dining room (7 days or less).

Duca d'Orleans is located on the stern. Great views. There is a noticeable vibration in the very aft part.

lgroo.jpg

for me, being able to order off the dining room menu for lunch and dinner in-suite dining (as well as a special breakfast menu) was well worth the money - along with the extra space, of course.

lgroo.jpg

well, we actually had no choice, since the only category available was the Suite (it's the Christmas Cruise)! Thank you anyways for your help, I'm booked on Duca d'Orleans, just hope to get a great view! ;)

happy sailings!

They are finally here!

I would like to share these wondeful pictures my frirend took from the Costa Fascinosa and Costa Favolosa in Brazil!

Enjoy!

184523_10200204707301394_441948944_n.jpg

Costa Fascinosa - first call in Rio de Janeiro - 12/12/2012

385976_10200231722816765_1994768816_n.jpg

Costa Favolosa leaving Rio de Janeiro - 12/16/2012

Pictures from Daniel R. Carneiro - www.cruising.com.br

We were aboard the Costa Favolosa in April, Dubai to Venice.

She is my favourite Costa ship so far.

If we have half the good time we had aboard the Favolosa, our trip aboard the Atlantica in April 2013 will be Wonderful.

Merry Christmas to one and all :)

• 3 weeks later...

Costa Favolosa is simply amazing! Just came back from the Christmas cruise...we loved the ship, the cruise director was hilarious... the food was ok, our cabin was very nice (7329), but definitely not worth the price... loved it so much that we booked on board another cruise in February but this time we booked a GTY and got a Samsara :)!

preparing a cruise review :)

I had a Samsara cabin on my cruise on the Favolosa and it was so great to have unlimited use with private access to such an amazing spa. Quite the nicest one I've ever experienced on a ship and better than quite a few on land.

The Samsara restaurants were fabulous too.

I'm sure you'll find the extra for the samsara cabin worth it, unlike the suite.

Archived