Topless Sunbathing???

I have heard rumors of being able to sunbathe topless or nude:cool: ?

Can you really do this on a cruise ship? We are going on the Sovereign of the Seas May 9, and I was just curious.

I would not think you could because of the children on board but then again;) !

My wife and I have been on three cruises. Two on Norwegian and one on Royal Caribbean. Only on RCCL did they have a deck for sunbathing. I have heard that sunbathing is allowed in the Carribbean but I haven't checked that one out yet. The beaches along the French Riviera do live up to their reputation. In Europe its no big deal. I guess you just don't take the kids to the beach? Been there, loved it. Tim and Cathy

Norwegian Sky Alaska 05/03

Norwegian Star Hawaii 11/03

Royal Caribbean Splendor of the Seas Miditterean 05/04

On the Voyager class ships, there is a small stairway leading to a deck called "St. Tropez", up in front past the Solarium. It can be easily missed as the sign is small, but I've seen topless sunbathing there and I've been on Voyager class ships in the Caribbean. Part of the deck is covered, and it cannot be seen from anywhere else on the ship (at least not the passenger areas :D )

Cheers,

Esther

...was with a couple I was traveling with. Some nice views, some not so nice, but it's not a big deal. They even have drink service. Not all women who sunbathe there choose to be sans top, but on a sea day it's the only place not crowded and it's rather intimate. No kids and no cameras allowed. Only downside is the huge funnel has a rather loud, low rumble.

No sanctioned women topless sun bathing on RCI (except Europe).

Mitch

Agree with Byron...made me chuckle. I bet a lot of that goes on in ports like that, BamaVol just owned up to it.

Anyway, the Celebrity Millinneum has a top, top deck posted for topless sunbathing, but the sister Summitt did not have the same sign. This was in '03.

I kept my top on and lounged on the next to the top deck (to spare my fellow pax), and got a kick out of watching all the streatched necks on the men who for some reason, found it a good place to take their strolls.

Is it just me or does anyone else think it's scary that someone named "Wolfman" would be asking this? ;)

-Monte

Very scary. I am imagining that we all might want "Wolfman" to wear a shirt if his nickname is due to his hirsute status!!;)

Another reason not to sail on Carnival.....

I have heard rumors of being able to sunbathe topless or nude:cool: ?

Can you really do this on a cruise ship? We are going on the Sovereign of the Seas May 9, and I was just curious.

I would not think you could because of the children on board but then again;) !

Carnival has secluded top decks where you can sunbathe topless. RCI doesn't have such provisions or a special deck for that.

Very scary. I am imagining that we all might want "Wolfman" to wear a shirt if his nickname is due to his hirsute status!!;)

Another reason not to sail on Carnival.....

Luckily I got the nickname because of my love for wolves and the five wolf tattoos I have:eek: !

Archived