Princess Delos Tour on a Monday - Mykonos Port

deniuh

:confused:Hello,

My hubby and I are interested in seeing Delos but our ship docks in Mykonos on a Monday. The official Delos site states that the site is closed on Mondays. Has anyone ever taken this tour with Princess on a Monday? Do you think Princess has a special charter that allows them to access the site when it is closed? We have already called Princess and the rep said if the excursion is available, then it must be legitimate. Any experiences seeing Delos on a Monday? Thanks!

:confused:Hello,

My hubby and I are interested in seeing Delos but our ship docks in Mykonos on a Monday. The official Delos site states that the site is closed on Mondays. Has anyone ever taken this tour with Princess on a Monday? Do you think Princess has a special charter that allows them to access the site when it is closed? We have already called Princess and the rep said if the excursion is available, then it must be legitimate. Any experiences seeing Delos on a Monday? Thanks!

Delos is close for all at Monday.. I don't believe they open the site for any cruise company..

My understanding is just the opposite of that of Fafos, that indeed cruise ships have special arrangements for visiting on Mondays. Of course, that means that one has to pay for the ship's tour there.

My understanding is just the opposite of that of Fafos, that indeed cruise ships have special arrangements for visiting on Mondays. Of course, that means that one has to pay for the ship's tour there.

Noooooo!!! we talking about Greek civil servants!!!:p they don't loose their day off...

One person in the Main Princess thread said they took the tour with Princess two years ago on a Monday. I guess Princess does have special priviledges. If anyone finds out otherwise, please let me know. Thanks!

I just contact with Delos Archaeological office about this...

They tell me these..

if the GREEK tourist agency who make the tours for cruise ship has a good number of tourists who want visit the site they can open ONLY for these groups.. This agency must apply at least 10-15 days before the cruise and the archaeological office will check this apply...

Princess has the advanced with Personilizer where can see how many cruisers interest about this tour...

Archaeological office don't allow open the site if the number of cruisers is small (they don't know the limits)

This is for Delos site.. for other archaeological sites-museums you must contact...

We were there with Celebrity after 3pm...when the site was closed to the general public. The only problem was that although we got a tour of the site, the museum was closed.I would have liked to visit the museum because many of artifacts were removed and put there.

Karen

We were there with Celebrity after 3pm...when the site was closed to the general public. The only problem was that although we got a tour of the site, the museum was closed.I would have liked to visit the museum because many of artifacts were removed and put there.

Karen

Karen, if it's any consolation, we were there last month and the section of the Museum of most interest to me, the oldest section, about 1/3 of the Museum, totally was sealed off from visitors.

They tell me these..

if the GREEK tourist agency who make the tours for cruise ship has a good number of tourists who want visit the site they can open ONLY for these groups.. This agency must apply at least 10-15 days before the cruise and the archaeological office will check this apply...

Princess has the advanced with Personilizer where can see how many cruisers interest about this tour...

Archaeological office don't allow open the site if the number of cruisers is small (they don't know the limits)

This is for Delos site.. for other archaeological sites-museums you must contact...

Fafos, thanks for checking this out; you certainly go "above and beyond" to help us Greek tourists. I really appreciate your confirming my understanding of the special Delos arrangements.

Fafos, thanks for checking this out; you certainly go "above and beyond" to help us Greek tourists. I really appreciate your confirming my understanding of the special Delos arrangements.

was nothing.. just a phone call...:p

the special Delos arrangements exist because the boats who go to Delos... The boats owners have complained to the Greek culture ministry for cruise passengers who could not visit the area and of course they lose money .. I hope it happens once something similar for the other museums and archaeological sites (eg new Acropolis Museum)

They tell me these..

Thank you so much for making that phone call. Appreciate it!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived