2014 Viking fares

jacksonnh

Viking has 2014 pricing for three of their cruises on their web site. Every year people seem to be booking earlier to lock in desired rooms and dates. River cruising seems to be attracting more and more people. It is a great way to visit various places.

Viking has 2014 pricing for three of their cruises on their web site. Every year people seem to be booking earlier to lock in desired rooms and dates.

We have put a deposit down with Scenic for 2014 - even though we don't have an exact date yet... We are booked for the first cruise in October 2014 - somewhere around the 5th.

By putting the deposit down now, we are guaranteed the 2013 rate and EBD. When the brochure is published, we can firm up (rest of the deposit...) or choose to cancel and get our deposit back. Deposit returns are rare with river cruising - so this is nice.

If, for some reason, the EBD for the cruise is better than we have agreed to, we can have that instead. But - somehow doubt it will be better... it was a pretty sweet discount on a new itinerary for next year.

Last time I put a deposit down really early (ie: before brochures were published...) I was told that I could get my deposit back if the cruise went up more than 5%. But - the price was not guaranteed. We ended up cancelling (did get the deposit back...) - but it was due to a change in itinerary, not because of price.

Fran

• 1 year later...
We have put a deposit down with Scenic for 2014 - even though we don't have an exact date yet... We are booked for the first cruise in October 2014 - somewhere around the 5th.

By putting the deposit down now, we are guaranteed the 2013 rate and EBD. When the brochure is published, we can firm up (rest of the deposit...) or choose to cancel and get our deposit back. Deposit returns are rare with river cruising - so this is nice.

If, for some reason, the EBD for the cruise is better than we have agreed to, we can have that instead. But - somehow doubt it will be better... it was a pretty sweet discount on a new itinerary for next year.

Last time I put a deposit down really early (ie: before brochures were published...) I was told that I could get my deposit back if the cruise went up more than 5%. But - the price was not guaranteed. We ended up cancelling (did get the deposit back...) - but it was due to a change in itinerary, not because of price.

Fran

Hi Fran , just wondering which viking cruise you have booked for Oct 2014 ... dates are quickly approaching :)