Restaurant in Key West

Keithv

There are 2 - the one closest to Key West is on Sunset Key. The restuarant is called Latitudes and is open for all meals.. The boat leaves from the Hilton every 25 minutes. The other is about 30 miles up the Keys - Little Palm Island - VERY expensive but open for lunch and dinner by reservation only. Probably not possible if here only for the day.

WeBeGone,

Thank you very much for your response, I actually will be there for a long w/e, fri to mon, so I was looking for good places to eat, don't care about price, just want good food. Any other suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated. I've never been to Key West andI am looking forward to coming down, relaxing, enjoying myself and eatting!! OK I'll be hitting Duval St. often as well. Any other nice view or outdoor restaurants that you know of, trying to avoid touristy places also, which I suppose is hard?

Since I have your ear, I plan on going fishing on the Saturday, 1/2 charter wit hmy Brother in law, I was given info on Fish Check Charters and Dream Catchers Charters, I want to do some deep sea fishing, Tuna, Shark, whatever is running that time. Any feedback on them or have you heard of anyone who is really good? I know it's pricey and that is no problem, I just don't want to go out with someone for 4 hours and catch nothing but a cold!! I did that in jamaica last year and it's the worst!

Thanks very much, I will be there in November but I am a research freak kind of, I hate missing something when I am away!

Keithv

MY Favorite Bars -

The Bull

Schooner Wharf Bar (Happy Hours)

801 Bourbon (Gay Bar)

Turtle Kraals (Lookout Bar)

Sloppy Joe's

Hog's Breath Saloon

Kelly's Caribbean Bar (Happy Hour)

One Duvall (Pier House)

Restaurants (short list) -

Breakfast:

** Camilles Restaurant; 1202 Simonton Street; (305) 296-4811

Lunch:

*** Banana Cafe; 1211 Duval St;(305) 294-7227

** Bo's Fish Wagon; 801 Caroline St; (305) 294-9272

** Meteor Smokehouse; 404 Southard St;(305) 294-5602

Dinner:

*** Blue Heaven; 305 Petronia Street; (305) 296-8666

*** Kelly's Caribbean Bar Grill; 303 Whitehead St; (305) 293-8484

***** Latitudes on Sunset Key (Boat trip via Hilton)

***** Louies Backyard; 700 Waddell Ave; (305) 294-1061

**** Michaels; 532 Margaret St; (305) 295-1300

** Pepes Cafe; 806 Caroline St; (305) 294-7192

*** Salute; 1000 Atlantic Blvd; (305)292-1117

**** Seven Fish; 632 Olivia St; (305) 296-2777

****** Shula's (as in Don Shula)

For more, go to: The Menu

we went deep-sea fishing on the Linda D. First time (late Oct) I caught a 6.5' Sailfish:p , and second time (last Sept.) we caught lots & lots of Dolphin fish... It's a good little boat and the captain and 1st mate (Jon) are very, very good & competitive with the other boats.... Give them a try! Our friends have fished with them 3 times now....

Restaurants & bars we've thoroughly enjoyed are: Caroline's Sidewalk Cafe on Duval, Pepe's, Bo's Fish Wagon, Camille's and Shula's. Don't go by first impressions, or you may never go thru the door of some of these (if they even have a door!:D ) We've been meaning to go to Blue Heaven as recommended by many, but haven't made it there yet!

Have fun!

Lisa

Key West Favorites

Blue Heaven - Breakfast special is the BEST! Shrimp omelet one day was so good we went back the next day for Shrimp and Grits (yep, grits are good with shrimp!) Also very good blueberry pancakes. Sit in the backyard w/the chickens and drink coffee under the sail strung up between the trees..blueheavenkw.com

Louie's Backyard - Wonderful dinner (my 40th b'day) Conch chowder, fresh fish, desserts, wine, top notch service. IMHO, finest dining on the island. louiesbackyard.com

BO's Fish Wagon- Great grouper sandwich for lunch, loved the atmosphere. Look for the old rusted, vine-covered pickup out front. (No door that I remember)

Bars: Cap'n Tony Saloon, Sloppy Joe's, Margaritaville (just to say you had a margarita there), Half Shell Raw Bar (Conch fritters, Key West Pink Shrimp, and oysters are good)

I love Key West!

Archived