Sensation...dining room dress code...

snewsie

Okay..I apologize in advance. I know that I have read bits and pieces all over this board but I want to ask myself.

We leave on the Sensation on Wed. My husband and I really prefer to be casual most of the time. I am considering not going to the dining room AT ALL and not packing for it. However, what if I get on board and am sorry that I did that.

What should you wear to the breakfast and lunch dining room meals and is it any different than what you wear to the dinner meal? I can't imagine being by the pool at noon and then going to the room to dress..only to undress and go back to the pool. I guess that would be a good day to do the buffet etc...

Just tell me what I need to wear...thanks so much...

Crazy first time cruiser -

As far as dressing up for dinner, it depends, few will go formal (tux/gown), most will go semi (suit, dress shirt & tie w/dress pants or cocktail dress for ladies), some won't even go that far, on a past cruise I saw someone in the dining room in shorts and tshirt, no one gave him a hard time but he looked out of place. Don't miss out on the dining room just because you don't want to change clothing for a little while, you would be missing out on some of the better food choices and fun that Carnival has to offer. :)

Thanks for all the info...I thought you had to do khakis and dresses to lunch and breakfast as well! Glad that's not the case. On the other hand, I would never go lounging at meal time in a wet bathing suit nor a dry bathing suit for that matter. Ick -

Thanks for all the info...I thought you had to do khakis and dresses to lunch and breakfast as well! Glad that's not the case. On the other hand, I would never go lounging at meal time in a wet bathing suit nor a dry bathing suit for that matter. Ick -

A bit of mis-information in a couple of the above posts.

In the formal dining room for breakfast or lunch - No swim suits OR coverups allowed.

You can have lunch every day in just about any type clothing/coverup at the Lido buffet area. If you choose not to wear at least shorts and a shirt, please have those meals on Lido or via room service.

I don't think anyone wants to have to look at somebody's bare flesh while having a meal....and on one occasion at a table on Lido I had that unfortunate sight in front of me, no coverup on a BIG guy. Ewwww. (And yes, of course I moved to another area.)

I hope I'm not mis-understood here. But the Name "FORMAL DINNING ROOM" doesn't mean Tee shirt - Shorts & Flip-Flops ! IMHO

If you went out to eat in your home town in a nice restaurant...... most people don't go dressed in Tee shirts, Shorts & Flip-Flops. Just an observance of my own.

On Formal Nites at sea ( Captains Dinner & Gala Dinner) I have my own TUX and enjoy dressing up. I "DO NOT" frown apon those who do not ware Tux's. A suit & Tie for the gentlemen is perfectly fine. But.......IMHO ..... the formal dinning room on most nites is as Carnival "REQUEST" is business casual. If you want to dress other than that..... thats why Carnival offers the Buffet style restaurant.

I hope I'm not mis-understood here. But the Name "FORMAL DINNING ROOM" doesn't mean Tee shirt - Shorts & Flip-Flops ! IMHO

If you went out to eat in your home town in a nice restaurant...... most people don't go dressed in Tee shirts, Shorts & Flip-Flops. Just an observance of my own.

On Formal Nites at sea ( Captains Dinner & Gala Dinner) I have my own TUX and enjoy dressing up. I "DO NOT" frown apon those who do not ware Tux's. A suit & Tie for the gentlemen is perfectly fine. But.......IMHO ..... the formal dinning room on most nites is as Carnival "REQUEST" is business casual. If you want to dress other than that..... thats why Carnival offers the Buffet style restaurant.

• 2 months later...

We're on the 3 night Sensation this week! My first time with Carnival. So aside from formal night, are dressier capris acceptable dinner wear? I assume skirts and dresses are fine.

Thanks so much,

Tammy

Archived