Miami hotel with free transportation from airport and free shuttle to port?

adriennerm

Hello Everyone. We are booking a 6 night cruise on the Valor this June. Our flight arrives the day before at 8p Saturday into MIA. I am hoping there is a hotel with free shuttle from airport to hotel and free shuttle to the port. Yes, I know that’s a lot but I would like to cut as much cost as possible.

The hotel does not have to be the Ritz but I can’t stay at the Bates motel either.

As crazy as it sounds, if we can’t find these options for free it’s cheaper to fly into FLL. The tickets are $65 cheaper pp. There will be 2 adults and 2 teens. :confused:

Thanks

Adrienne

We are staying in the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North hotel -- just opened in December (new!) which has free transportation to airport and port of Miami. AAA rate through the Comfort Suites site gave us the best rate.

Hello Everyone. We are booking a 6 night cruise on the Valor this June. Our flight arrives the day before at 8p Saturday into MIA. I am hoping there is a hotel with free shuttle from airport to hotel and free shuttle to the port. Yes, I know that’s a lot but I would like to cut as much cost as possible.

The hotel does not have to be the Ritz but I can’t stay at the Bates motel either.

As crazy as it sounds, if we can’t find these options for free it’s cheaper to fly into FLL. The tickets are $65 cheaper pp. There will be 2 adults and 2 teens. :confused:

Thanks

Adrienne

If you fly into FLL you will be about a 45 minute drive into Miami. Shuttles charge $15/pp so with 4 of you figure out if it is worth it also counting the trip back.

There are several hotels in downtown Miami near the port. A cab from the airport to this area is about $25 and cab to the ship about $10.

Besides the Comfort Suites check out the La Quinta East near MIA - free airport and port shuttles. The motel gets some mixed reivews but seems good enough for many cruisers like you who are arriving late. Good luck! :)

La Quinta East is a budget option that offers cruise parking packages. Check www.stay123.com or www.parksleepfly.com for others. All will be near the MIA airport (downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge $25-30+/day for parking :eek:) - so if a shuttle is not offered plan on $25+ for a cab to/from your port.

MIA Embassy Suites and Hampton Inn are favorites for parking deals on these boards.

Good luck! :)

La Quinta East is a budget option that offers cruise parking packages. Check www.stay123.com or www.parksleepfly.com for others. All will be near the MIA airport (downtown and Miami Beach hotels charge $25-30+/day for parking :eek:) - so if a shuttle is not offered plan on $25+ for a cab to/from your port.

MIA Embassy Suites and Hampton Inn are favorites for parking deals on these boards.

Thanks JohninDC...just started looking into this as I think I would rather drive there instead of flying...just want to be near the port a day earlier.

I was shocked by the prices, used to leave from NY pier and they were not that expensive....lol

janymac:p

Thanks JohninDC...just started looking into this as I think I would rather drive there instead of flying...just want to be near the port a day earlier.

I was shocked by the prices, used to leave from NY pier and they were not that expensive....lol

janymac:p

janymac........the downtown Hilton had a parking package. Look on their website under 'specials". Hotel is near the port.

• 4 weeks later...
Does any one have any experience with the Days Inn at MIA. They say they have free shuttles to the airport and the port. I checked the "snooze and cruise" rate (room, transfers, 2 drinks, 2 breakfasts) and it was $92. Even if the rooms aren't great that seems like a good deal

http://daysinnmiamiairport.com/

Have you checked the trip advisor reviews? :eek:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34438-d85007-Reviews-Days_Inn_Miami_International_Airport-Miami_Florida.html

La Quinta East is a budget motel near MIA often suggested on these boards with free POM shuttles -- good luck! :)

Downtown Miami and Miami Beach hotels charge their guests $25-30+/day for parking :eek: so except for the downtown Hilton (mucho $$$ :o) all of the hotels offering paking deals will be out near the MIA airport.

You might do better with a cruise parking hotel near FLL and then use SAS (www.ridesas.com), QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ) or Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) to shuttle you to POM for about $15 per person each way.

Besides the Comfort Suites check out the La Quinta East near MIA - free airport and port shuttles. The motel gets some mixed reivews but seems good enough for many cruisers like you who are arriving late. Good luck! :)

We stayed at the La Quinta two winters ago prior to a cruise. The staff that we could communicate with were very helpful.

At the time there were two or three closed restaurants we had to walk past to get to those that were open. Pretty dreary area.

That said, the rooms were 3 of a 5, the people helpful, the shuttles busy and the price was right. Not a favorite place but functional.

Take care!

Are there any hotels closer to SoBe that offer free parking or a free shuttle to the port? I have searched but do not see anything. Otherwise we are staying at LaQuinta East.

no...that's why you haven't found anything...:)

you are not going to find a decent place in Miami that will offer this...some of the cheap places by the airport MIGHT....

Parking in downtown/SoBe hotels is going to NOT be free...

Cabs are really NOT that expensive...and if people are willing to do that, and then use one of the bidding sites for a hotel, there can be a big savings.

MANY times...not all, but many, hotels that have 'free' parking and 'free' shuttles are rolling it into the price....and they're NOT great places to stay..not near anything, maybe not clean, not safe, etc. Again, this is not always the case, but often, places that offer this stuff for "free' are doing so for a reason.....

We are staying in the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North hotel -- just opened in December (new!) which has free transportation to airport and port of Miami. AAA rate through the Comfort Suites site gave us the best rate.

We will be staying for a day after our cruise as the airfare was significantly cheaper! Do you know if they offer free shuttle FROM the port? Some only offer shuttles TO the port.

Jen

We will be staying for a day after our cruise as the airfare was significantly cheaper! Do you know if they offer free shuttle FROM the port? Some only offer shuttles TO the port.

Jen

I know of NO Miami area hotels that offer a free shuttle from POM back to the hotel - taxi to MIA area hotels will cost $25-30. Good luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have booked my stay at La Quinta East in MIA for our pre-cruise stay. Does any one know if there are any close convenience stores for picking up some soda & water prior to the cruise?

How about places to eat?

Since we will be using their shuttle to/from the hotel, we will need to walk to these places.

You will be shocked by the price of the Hilton's cruise package! :eek:

Yes, I know it is expensive but is an alternative to parking at POM.

Of course if one is looking for a place to park a car for the duration of the cruise then there will always be a trade off.

May want to double check that...our group is staying there in November. I called hotel today: shuttle to the port is $10 per person, it is a van that only runs once a day between 11-noon and does not offer return trip.

May want to double check that...our group is staying there in November. I called hotel today: shuttle to the port is $10 per person, it is a van that only runs once a day between 11-noon and does not offer return trip.

Disregard that...we are staying at the Comfort Inn & Suites Miami Airport, guess it is a different one...lol. Plus the one you are at is smoke free, which doesn't work for some in my group.

I have booked my stay at La Quinta East in MIA for our pre-cruise stay. Does any one know if there are any close convenience stores for picking up some soda & water prior to the cruise?

How about places to eat?

Since we will be using their shuttle to/from the hotel, we will need to walk to these places.

There is a gas station-mart type place a block or so away for sodas & water. There is a Bennigan's (with poor reviews :() the hotel restaurant inside the Embassy Suites (pricey :eek:) and pizza delivery. Good luck! :)

There is a gas station-mart type place a block or so away for sodas & water. There is a Bennigan's (with poor reviews :() the hotel restaurant inside the Embassy Suites (pricey :eek:) and pizza delivery. Good luck! :)

Did this last year: Bennigan's IS disgusting (the health department should have shut them down) & the Embassy Suites is the only other choice within walking distance. The gas station with the mart is more like 4 blocks away and only sold water by the individual bottle. We were able to purchase a 12 pack of pepsi. Didn't seem like the best area to be walking a mile. The LaQuinta East however was better. Furnishings a little dated but very clean and you could certainly tell they've been doing the shuttle for a while. Very organized; I was impressed. You need to sign up for the shuttle when you check in; they have a list with different times & will let you know when to be in the lobby.

We just returned from our NCL Pearl cruise last night. We stayed at the Comfort Suites Airport North pre cruise and I would recommend staying here. The area is a bit rough but the hotel is new and clean and the staff is great. Breakfast was good too. Shuttles to airport and to POM. You can return from POM for $10 pp.

We just returned from our NCL Pearl cruise last night. We stayed at the Comfort Suites Airport North pre cruise and I would recommend staying here. The area is a bit rough but the hotel is new and clean and the staff is great. Breakfast was good too. Shuttles to airport and to POM. You can return from POM for $10 pp.

Any grocery stores or restaurants within walking distance?

Archived