Alilaguna summer schedule?

petersoj

Anyone know when the Alilaguna site usually posts their spring/summer schedule? The one right now only goes til March 31st.

I am (impatiently!) trying to figure out the best way to get from the Molino Stucky hotel to the airport for a 9:10 am flight. Looks like the Alilaguna blue line stops right in front of our hotel and would go straight to the airport. Not sure if more options will be available during busier tourist times or if we should just get a water taxi ($$$$!!!) if it would be too early.

Just a word of caution. Be sure to check out the travel time--it took a lot longer than I anticipated to get to the airport stop from San Marco on Alilaguna--like 45 minutes IIRC. Then you have a LONG walk from the dock area to the airport itself--add in another 15 minutes; luggage carts are available.

I normally would not recommend this, but we stayed the last night at the airport Marriot (from a tip I got on these boards) and it was such a great idea and made our travel day so much less stressful. We enjoyed Venice all day and into the evening, then took Alilaguna at about 8 PM, checked in, and then had a 5 minute drive to the airport on the free shuttle the next morning. It was also mcuh cheaper than our Venice hotel, about $115 USD IIRC.

Again, just a thought! You will need to be at the airport at about 7 AM for your flight so you will have to leave the Hilton no later than 6--so much easier to be right there!

Cathy

Thanks so much for the suggestions! We were able to book the Hilton with points so we're kind of stuck (no pun intended!) in that regards but will keep in mind your hint about the Alilaguna! :)

Anyone know when the Alilaguna site usually posts their spring/summer schedule? The one right now only goes til March 31st.

I am (impatiently!) trying to figure out the best way to get from the Molino Stucky hotel to the airport for a 9:10 am flight. Looks like the Alilaguna blue line stops right in front of our hotel and would go straight to the airport. Not sure if more options will be available during busier tourist times or if we should just get a water taxi ($$$$!!!) if it would be too early.

Take the water taxi. You will save 45 minutes. You can usually find someone to share with.

CathyCruises, can you advise please, what you did with your luggage all day before heading to the Alilaguna? We will be coming off a cruise ship and are trying to work out how to stay at an airport hotel the night before our flight, while still being able to enjoy Venice. Thanks

Just a word of caution. Be sure to check out the travel time--it took a lot longer than I anticipated to get to the airport stop from San Marco on Alilaguna--like 45 minutes IIRC. Then you have a LONG walk from the dock area to the airport itself--add in another 15 minutes; luggage carts are available.

I normally would not recommend this, but we stayed the last night at the airport Marriot (from a tip I got on these boards) and it was such a great idea and made our travel day so much less stressful. We enjoyed Venice all day and into the evening, then took Alilaguna at about 8 PM, checked in, and then had a 5 minute drive to the airport on the free shuttle the next morning. It was also mcuh cheaper than our Venice hotel, about $115 USD IIRC.

Again, just a thought! You will need to be at the airport at about 7 AM for your flight so you will have to leave the Hilton no later than 6--so much easier to be right there!

Cathy

I've e-mailed the Alilaguna site, because I'm planning to take it in Sept. They said they will have the new timetable up shortly..

Dave

Thanks for the info. I emailed them and hadn't heard back.

CathyCruises, can you advise please, what you did with your luggage all day before heading to the Alilaguna? We will be coming off a cruise ship and are trying to work out how to stay at an airport hotel the night before our flight, while still being able to enjoy Venice. Thanks

Hi,

There are luggage storage in terminal 103, 107/108 & 117, heard someone mentioned from CC that it is around 4 euro per piece, so this you don't have to drag around the city but you have to come back to pick them up before they close? Check out their open/close hour before you leave for them.

We had stayed a couple of nights at a hotel sort of near St. Mark's. We just left our luggage there until the evening.

But the advice on the left luggage at Piazzale Roma is good--should work for you!

Cathy

Maggie, You do have another option which would be to stay at one of the hotels located in (or close to) the Piazale Roma which gives you easy access to the vaporettos and all of Venice. Then, in the morning when you need to get to the airport you can simply take a land taxi out to the airport.

Hank

Hello Hank: We are going on Magnifica May 22 RT Venice. My husband is unable to walk long distance. If i am reading your post to Maggie correctly, we can get a land taxi from airport to Hotel if Hotel is near San Marco: and, later from another hotel after cruise to hotel and then back to airport by regular land taxi? If this is true, would mean less walking/carrying luggage for us. Would this be more epensive than water taxi? Appreciate any help as my husband nervous about trip due to transportation in Venice. Thanks, elaine

Hello Hank: We are going on Magnifica May 22 RT Venice. My husband is unable to walk long distance. If i am reading your post to Maggie correctly, we can get a land taxi from airport to Hotel if Hotel is near San Marco: and, later from another hotel after cruise to hotel and then back to airport by regular land taxi? If this is true, would mean less walking/carrying luggage for us. Would this be more epensive than water taxi? Appreciate any help as my husband nervous about trip due to transportation in Venice. Thanks, elaine

Elaine, where is your hotel and can your husband walk 10 minutes on the level? If your hotel is near St mark's , you cannot get there by land taxi. Take a look on google earth or google maps. If he can comfortably walk 10 minutes on the level, AND if your hotel is near St. mark's, trust us a water taxi is the easiest way to go. If your hotel is near Piazzale Roma, you have other options. Let us know and we can help.

Maggie, You would need to stay at one of the few hotels located very close to the Piazale Roma.....not St Marks Square. If your husband is capable of walking 1 or 2 blocks, you can walk from the Piazale Roma to the ACTV pier (vaporetto) where you can access vaporettos to anywhere around Venice of the other islands. We personally like to stay at the Ca Doge, which is a smallish (almost B&B) hotel right on one corner of the Piazale Roma,...but this particular hotel does not have an elevator which means you would need to climb 1, 2 or 3 flights of steps to your room. I know there is another hotel in that area that does have an elevator although we do not know the name. That is the only area in Venice where you can use land taxis to and from the port and/or airport. Land taxis are far cheaper then water taxis which generally cost at least 90 Euros.

Hank

• 4 weeks later...
The schedule is updated through November!!!:D

Hi,

I went into Alilaguna website and I don't see the schedule, can you please show me the link?

Thanks.

Here's the English link: http://www.alilaguna.it/index.en.html. Then look under the "lines timetable" and click on which color line you need for its schedule.

Hi petersoj,

Thanks for the link.

However, I have a question, there are two line, blue and red schedule showing from Tronchetto to Aeroporto but the actual blue line picture only shows from Molino Stucky to Aeroporto, should I look at the schedule not the picture. Am I correct? Can someone please tell me? For ex. if I take the blue line 13:54 from Tronchetto and I should arrive to the Marco Polo airport at 15:39? How far is the dock in Aeroporto to the actual terminal (Lufthansa), is it walkable with luggage or we have to take a taxi?

Thanks.

Hi petersoj,

Thanks for the link.

However, I have a question, there are two line, blue and red schedule showing from Tronchetto to Aeroporto but the actual blue line picture only shows from Molino Stucky to Aeroporto, should I look at the schedule not the picture. Am I correct? Can someone please tell me? For ex. if I take the blue line 13:54 from Tronchetto and I should arrive to the Marco Polo airport at 15:39? How far is the dock in Aeroporto to the actual terminal (Lufthansa), is it walkable with luggage or we have to take a taxi?

Thanks.

We can help you if we have more information. Where are you starting from? You probably don't want to go near the Alilaguna pier on Tronchetto.

The airport dock is 12 minutes level walk to the check in counter. An airport shuttle and/or porters are available if you need them. Google marco Polo airport for details.

We can help you if we have more information. Where are you starting from? You probably don't want to go near the Alilaguna pier on Tronchetto.

The airport dock is 12 minutes level walk to the check in counter. An airport shuttle and/or porters are available if you need them. Google marco Polo airport for details.

Thanks Earl Rosebery. Hopefully you can help me. The more I read, the more I get confused. Ok. Here it is, we will disambark at 9am from cruise terminal and we will take our luggage to one of the terminal storage area to store for the day until the afternoon, because our Lufthansa flight is 6:25pm; then we will walk to S. Marco Sq for a few hour, lunch then walk back to the cruise terminal to get our luggage, then take the water bus to the airport(Tronchetto is the nearest to the cruise terminal I hope), the reason we pick the water bus (15E) so the kids can enjoy some more sightseeing about Venice before we head home.

Thanks.

I understand your desire to use the water route to get from the cruise port to the airport, but it will certainly be more difficult and more time consuming.

Also, Tronchetto is said to be a difficult walk from the cruise ship port. I haven't done it, but others recently (including one poster who says he/she lives in Venice) pooh-poohed the idea, saying it's a difficult walk through parking lots and over a bridge with no sidewalks.

You could use the Alilaguna water bus right from the cruise port to San Marco, then switch to another Alilagua to the airport.

Archived