how long did you wear your dress

My son is getting married before we leave port in Cape Canaveral. The wedding is at 11:00 and then a 1-hour reception. I know we are required to go to the Muster drill at 4:00, and I was wondering, how long did any of you stay all dressed up? I do want to explore the ship, and get some sun.

Just wondering. :)

I am getting married in Vancouver aboard the Infinity on August 15. I plan on staying in my wedding dress all day. Even for the Muster drill because I am only doing this once and you pay enough for the day you might as well enjoy it. Groom might have different plans but I think he will agree to stay dressed up if it is important to me!!

I changed out of my dress prior to the muster drill; pretty much right after my reception was over. It was hot and humid and I was ready to relax!

Some brides wear their wedding dress on one of the formal nights, as well.

Hi,

As a future port canaveral bride, I have a question about the wedding time? Is the wedding really at 11am (I am kind of hoping for a typo!!) How is the bride going to get ready in time? I had understood that you can't even board the ship until 11am.

Unless of course, they are getting married before they board.

Please let me know. I am very curious/concerned!

Florida_chick...

You will not receive your actual wedding and reception time (and location on the ship) until 2 to 3 weeks before your actual wedding date.

11am is about the time you will be allowed to priority board the ship, depending on when the ship clears customs.

We were told be arrive at the terminal at 10:30am for our Mariner wedding this past June.

Hope this helps...

Yes, that is what I had understood originally. But - I am concerned if they are assigning wedding start times of 11:00. That would mean I would have to show up at the pier with my dress on, hair done, etc, etc, etc... which I would rather not do :-)

Call you wedding coordinator at Royal Romance (The Wedding Experience). They will let you know that you don't have an 11am wedding time. Set you mind at ease and give them a call.

If you have your hair done in the salon on the ship, then your wedding won't be until about 1:45pm. I highly suggest having your hair done on the ship. They did an awesome job on my hair. Besides it was so humid that anything done prior to boarding the ship would have been a waste of time. You may not find it so humid in November.

Archived