Bucket Beer Prices

melligene

Haven't been on NCL since 2009. What are the currant bucket (helmet) beer prices? Last cruise they were about 28 bucks w/gratuity (6 for the price of 5). Anybody...? Thanks in advance.

You are right on the money, I am looking at my reciept, and it came to 28.46 for 6 coronas with bucket..They also gave me some limes and a bottle opener.

You are right on the money, I am looking at my reciept, and it came to 28.46 for 6 coronas with bucket..They also gave me some limes and a bottle opener.

Almost hate to ask the price of mixed drinks. Wife likes the Pina Colada type, etc. I think they averaged about $9.00 plus or minus in 2009.

I know cruising isn't cheap especially when we're looking into 600 bucks in airfare plus pre/post hotel costs...la..la...la....Oh well....nobody is twisting my arm are they....? Just sayin....;)

Almost hate to ask the price of mixed drinks. Wife likes the Pina Colada type, etc. I think they averaged about $9.00 plus or minus in 2009.

I know cruising isn't cheap especially when we're looking into 600 bucks in airfare plus pre/post hotel costs...la..la...la....Oh well....nobody is twisting my arm are they....? Just sayin....;)

Bombay and Tonic 7.19

Glenlivit scotch 7.76

Bahama Mama 7.47

Mojito 7.84

Glenfiddich scotch 7.57

The drinks were kinda high, but I also brought some wine onboard so that offset the bar bill.

$33.00 on the Epic just this week....they tout it as buy 5 get one free.

If you are into Martini's they have some Happy Hour specials either at specialty restaurants or in some cases slow times at some of the bars. Pretty sure buy one get one free which works about half the price of a beer. :D

A bucket with tax and all last year on the Epic was only $28. They must have went up.

Yes, you get to take the bucket with you. We took ours back to the room and the steward kept filling it up with ice to keep the extra beers cold for us. :D They were just awesome.

You can watch for the drinks of the day to get a "special" deal. I can't remember how much they were, but I want to say around $6.00. They offered a different one every day and I believe it was announced in the dailies.

If memory serves me correctly I think some drink prices (maybe just beer ...not sure) are even more until you get into international waters. Don't recall how many miles out from Miami that is but, I know it cost more.

On the Pearl last November a bucket cost $28.46 and $34.21 depending if you got premium beer. You can mix and match but if you include any premium beer the whole bucket is charged at the higher amount. Also if you buy beer within 3 miles of a US port they charge sales tax so the price might be a tad higher. Don't forget to hang on to your receipt so you can get your bucket deposit back ($5). They can look it up but it's a pain.

Yep, $28 - and a refundable $5 added for "bucket deposit". I mostly bought Heineken and Warsteiner. My parents actually were charged a buck or two more for Bud and Miller Lite...I think because the bottles are bigger. The funny thing is we were upset the night before our cruise started paying $14 for a 6 pack of Abita in New Orleans - ha. That was a bargain!

YIKES !!! 2008 it was about $24. 2009 about $28. Wow!!!:confused:

Yep, $28 - and a refundable $5 added for "bucket deposit". I mostly bought Heineken and Warsteiner. My parents actually were charged a buck or two more for Bud and Miller Lite...I think because the bottles are bigger. The funny thing is we were upset the night before our cruise started paying $14 for a 6 pack of Abita in New Orleans - ha. That was a bargain!

Strange..I did not see a bucket deposit, It was just a plastic pail they gave out, and it said nothing about 5 dollar deposit.

They will charge tax, if you buy while in an american port, but once you leave, there is no tax.

Yeah, that was a new one for us as well...but they explained it to me the first day and then on the last day I took it back for my $5 credit. Some areas used the metal pails and didn't charge, we always got ours at the bier garten and had the football helmet.

Strange..I did not see a bucket deposit, It was just a plastic pail they gave out, and it said nothing about 5 dollar deposit.

They will charge tax, if you buy while in an american port, but once you leave, there is no tax.

Archived