Uniworld River Ambassador questions

luvtotravel22

I understand from the Uniworld website that the River Ambassador does not have an elevator and, except in the suites, does not have beds which can be pulled apart. Reading other posts I found one mention of the lack of elevator but nothing about the bed situation.

I can manage without the elevator although my knees will complain. For two women traveling together, one of whom is a very poor sleeper, sharing a bed is out of the question. Yet this ship seems to be the one used for the places I would like to go.

I would like to hear from anyone, particularly friends, sisters, etc traveling together as to whether this was a problem for them.

River-view Stateroom

Deck: Rhine Deck

Category: 1

Size: Approximately 128 sq ft.

Occupancy: 2 guests standard

Amenities: A queen-sized bed that can convert into two twin beds, French balcony with river view, private bathroom with shower and chair. All staterooms also include fine, European-style comforters and duvets, luxurious 100% Egyptian cotton sheets, choice of pillows including down, plush, terry-cloth robes, soft, extra thick towels from Christies of Manchester, old-fashioned umbrellas, aromatherapy bath amenities by L'Occitane, flat-screen TV, complimentary bottle of water, hairdryer, individually-controlled AC, direct-dial telephone and in-stateroom safe.

As far as I know, all the beds that are pushed together can be separated.

66_551_flr_1_150.gif66_551_cab_1_150_SEP11.jpgb.gif

We've been on the Ambassador a couple of times. I "think" it has the stairlift going to the top deck but I'm not 100% sure.

I do know that you can separate the beds.

We have had great cruises on the River Ambassador. It is one of Uniworld's smaller ships but does super itineraries and has a really great crew.

The beds on other Uniworld ships are two narrow beds next to each other and each bed has its own linens.

That's where I got the idea to get one twin-sized comforter and one twin-sized electric blanket for our king-sized bed at home. Ahhhh - peace at last.

cb

Thank you all for you help. What exactly is a "stair lift"?

It's odd about the beds, I've only been on the River Duchess and the beds there were two single with separate linens, but the Uniworld Website under River Ambassador Ship Facts states: " All Staterooms have a queen sized bed; therefore the bed cannot be separated. All Suites have two mattresses on bed frames that can be loosened and slightly separated except Suite 214 whose frame cannot be separated"

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks. I had written Uniworld directly and that is what they told me also. The picture looked like it really broke up the room though. We would be fine as long as the beds have separate bedding, which she said they do.

I understand there is no elevator, but there is a chair lift. Is this what you observed?

Archived