Constellation - cabin choice

queenslander

Has anyone had cabins 7161 7147 or 7149 ?

I am choosing between cabins available on the port side for a New England/Canada cruise on Constellation next year.

Some one mentioned that 7161 did not have privacy from up above on the balcony but looking at the deck plans I don't know how this could be.

Cabins 7147 and 7149 have an upper bunk which we wouldn't be using as there are only two of us. Is the upper bunk intrusive or does it fold away out of sight so that it's not noticeable?

I would appreciate your comments.

Joyce

Has anyone had cabins 7161 7147 or 7149 ?

Never had these cabins but will make some comments.

I am choosing between cabins available on the port side for a New England/Canada cruise on Constellation next year.

Some one mentioned that 7161 did not have privacy from up above on the balcony but looking at the deck plans I don't know how this could be.

I don't see any problem from above either. Cabin 7163 does have an angled balcony, which allows a limited view of 7161's balcony from it's outer portion. I don't think I would be too concerned with it though.

Cabins 7147 and 7149 have an upper bunk which we wouldn't be using as there are only two of us. Is the upper bunk intrusive or does it fold away out of sight so that it's not noticeable?

Yes, it's in the ceiling and out of sight. No bother at all.

I would appreciate your comments.

Joyce

Joyce & Les,

We hope you have a great cruise. Carole and I are sailing Infinity Circle Hawaii on 10/22/06. Used our $500 FCC's we received for the May 7, 06 Summit cruise. Ron & Carol (bakcd) are on the cruise also.

Oh, by the way, thanks for the Martini in the Martini Bar on our Summit cruise. I still don't know how I drank seven in those two hours and then went to the Officer's Party in Revelation Lounge.

Joyce & Les,

We hope you have a great cruise. Carole and I are sailing Infinity Circle Hawaii on 10/22/06. Used our $500 FCC's we received for the May 7, 06 Summit cruise. Ron & Carol (bakcd) are on the cruise also.

Oh, by the way, thanks for the Martini in the Martini Bar on our Summit cruise. I still don't know how I drank seven in those two hours and then went to the Officer's Party in Revelation Lounge.

Thank you for your comments John - it was great to get some feedback so quickly!

I hope you and your wife together with Ron & Carol have a lovely cruise in Hawaii. We will visit Hawaii on our 31 day cruise from Sydney to LA in April 2008. Lots of time to have fun and relax on that one:)

We're off to Tasmania for Christmas and New Year and then a road trip around the coast on our way back home after we get off the ferry.

Next week we are going to Adelaide to see our family and our new little granddaughter so that will be fun.

Yes - it was amazing how we managed to drink all those martinis and still keep going afterwards. I think you were the winner though!

Happy cruising

Joyce

I have #7146 booked for my December 8 Constellation cruise and I assume it must be similar to 7147. I have been on the Connie two other times and both times stayed in cabins within a few of that number although I can't recall the cabin numbers. I have never found any more of a loss of privacy than on any other balcony cabin.

Archived