My Freedom virtual tour and Trip Review of the maiden Voyage is online!

Gunnar :D

What an outstanding review...wow.:D It was great to see the Freedom through the eyes of someone who hadnt been on a Voyager class ship and wasnt therefore used to seeing the Ice rink etc....I could feel the emotions in your review :D

And your photos are fantastic :D

Thank you so much for taking time to do all this......very much appreciated I am sure by everyone.

Liz

WYWH Cruiser

madforcruising- was just wondering if you were able to get any shots of any of the promenade family staterooms?? since i am at work and cannot view your pics till i get home was just wondering. there is no info on rccl website as to the layout or any pics and we are booked in one of these for our december cruise. thanks.

how can I read the review? can't seem to find it!

OK go to http://www.gwall.de

click on the "flag" matching your choose language

click on "Vacation"

click on "2006"

scroll down a little bit and click on "Trip Review"

I just updated the site again so it may have been not available but should be by now again.

madforcruising- was just wondering if you were able to get any shots of any of the promenade family staterooms?? since i am at work and cannot view your pics till i get home was just wondering. there is no info on rccl website as to the layout or any pics and we are booked in one of these for our december cruise. thanks.

I´m sorry but none of the Family Staterooms have been open for viewing and so there are no pics of them unfortunately.

Hello Madforcrusing, love your pictures - thank you so much for posting them. I do have a question that I hope you can answer for me - did aft cabin 1700 look like it will hold (4) adults without any problems? DH and I are taking our Mom's with us on this cruise and since we heard so much about the aft cabins, I decided to book one for all of us. I just hope the cabin is okay.

Thank you

Hello Madforcrusing, love your pictures - thank you so much for posting them. I do have a question that I hope you can answer for me - did aft cabin 1700 look like it will hold (4) adults without any problems? DH and I are taking our Mom's with us on this cruise and since we heard so much about the aft cabins, I decided to book one for all of us. I just hope the cabin is okay.

Thank you

Tough question to answer.

I would say within category D1 it is a good choice as this cabin is a little odd shaped and therefore might give you a little more space.

You have to ask yourself how comfortable either your mom´s or you and your DH will be on the sofa bed. And with the sofa bed folded out there might be not too much space to walk around in the cabin. It´s also only one bathroom and a regular closet. So my guess is it will be tight and really depends on how good you all get together.

Of course it´s doable and other´s sleep with four in a tiny Inside cabin.

I myself think I wouldn´t be comfortable with this set up but having said this I booked JS and GS cabins just for myself:eek: .

If it´s the only way for you to go I´d say go for it. If you could manage to maybe get an inside cabin as additional sleeping and getting ready space while using the balcony for get togethers throughout the day I would prefer that. Of course only you can decide this.

Thank you for your quick response. One more question, is the sofa bed a double or queen size (if you can remember). What is the balcony like - big enought for a couple lounge chairs? If so, will they even allow them outside on the balcony (sorry that was two questions).

Thanks again,

Thank you for your quick response. One more question, is the sofa bed a double or queen size (if you can remember). What is the balcony like - big enought for a couple lounge chairs? If so, will they even allow them outside on the balcony (sorry that was two questions).

Thanks again,

No need to be sorry I´m happy to answer any questions as good as I can.

You may want to have another look at the pics here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/549895039TdGWPq

The sofa looks like a three seater, though I can´t answer how big it´s when folded out actually.

The balcony will be big enough for a lounger or two, though a good portion of the balcony is under a steel construction and there is also some stell columns on the other portion of the balcony. You can see that pretty good on the pics. I don´t know about the allowance of loungers out there.

Thank you again - we have all cruised before but then, we had (2)separate D-1 regular cabins. This will be a first for all of us in one cabin. One Mom decided to join after the inital reservations had already been made, so we just left them that way and added her to our room, since we were getting an aft cabin and we we're hoping it would be big enough for all of us.

I have heard that you can use the spa showers if necessary, so DH and I may think of doing that, esp for formal nights when everyone is really running around trying to get dressed at the same time and sweating..... My poor husband, (3) women in the same cabin with him LOL.

Maybe if the prices drop we can look into getting another cabin (as you suggested), but as it stands now, we can't afford to do that.

Thank you again,

Hello Madforcruising!

Thank you for all of the excellent photo's. I booked aft cabin #8712 on deck 8. I see the pictures you took of aft cabin #1702 on deck 10. I am wondering if you had the opportunity to check out any aft cabins on the lower decks. That's a very large deck and I'm curious to know if my cabin will have a large deck too.

Thank you! Keep on cruisin! :D

The only aft cabins I checked out have been the ones you can see on the pics. So it´s deck 10 and deck 6 aft. cabins.

Anyway, I´m sure your balcony will be large on deck 8 too.

All the Freedom balconies are quite huge in my opinion, even the ones on the side. Of course the width of the balconies is driven by the cabin width, but I´ve never seen such deep balconies like the ones on the Freedom.

Thank you so much! You're a doll! :D My husband and I are cruising Princess next month but my mind is already racing forward to September when we'll go on the Freedom! It's a surprise for my husband so he doesn't even know I booked it! I am thinking about telling him while we are on our Princess cruise. It's his birthday the week after we return...so perhaps it would make a good birthday surprise?!!!

thanks again!

Archived