Immigration at Miami Airport and forward transport

Lotus Girl

Hi

Flight arrives in to Miami at 20.40 hrs from LHR and the company we are using to take us to Fort Lauderdale that night has quoted 1.5 hours after landing they will be waiting for us. We've flown many times in to Miami but not as late as this and we've always stayed in Miami and taken an airport taxi to the hotel. My question is, is 1.5 hours long enough or should we say 2 hours? I don't want to be hanging round the airport waiting if we clear quicker and since we are flying Club, we will be one of the first off the plane which will help in the race to get to the immigration desks! Anyone any experience of Miami at this time of night?

Thanks

Karen

Dear Karen,

Seriously, you may be flying Club, but your luggage isn't. From what I remember, it is a very long hike from the jet way to where immigration is. Also, at that time of night they may not have many positions staffed. I think the 1.5 hours should be enough.

Dear Karen,

Seriously, you may be flying Club, but your luggage isn't. From what I remember, it is a very long hike from the jet way to where immigration is. Also, at that time of night they may not have many positions staffed. I think the 1.5 hours should be enough.

Hi Talisker

Now that would be a first that we got to the baggage hall before our luggage. Normally it's taken us that long to get through immigration that our luggage is no longer on a carousel but dumped on a floor and you have to track it down as another incoming flight is on the carousel that your flight was on initially.

Heck I must have been awfully lucky over the years at Miami as it has never taken me more than 30 minutes to get off the plane, collect luggage and go catch the super shuttle to Fort Lauderdale.

We've never made it off the plane, got luggage and out the door in under 1.5 hours and that's landing late afternoon amongst what always seems like 100's of other flights! I'm flying with you next time, I'd love to be out the door in 30 minutes as that airport is always roasting and there doesn't seem to be any air con on!

Liz

which Super Shuttle have you used in the past.

I just know it as Super Shuttle....they are yellow...and I don't book in advance...I just go outside at the airport and they have a stand there...I go up and say I would like to go to Embassy Suites 17th St Fort Lauderdale...and I give them the postcode..they look it up...write me out a chitty and I wait for shuttle to come along...pay the driver when I get to hotel.

Used them the last 3 years.:D

I just know it as Super Shuttle....they are yellow...and I don't book in advance...I just go outside at the airport and they have a stand there...I go up and say I would like to go to Embassy Suites 17th St Fort Lauderdale...and I give them the postcode..they look it up...write me out a chitty and I wait for shuttle to come along...pay the driver when I get to hotel.

Hi Liz,..Well as they say,..learn something new every day. I never knew this about this shuttle and I have flown into Miami on several occasions. I will certainly bear this in mind for the future.

As for immigration etc, I don’t think I have ever got out of the airport in under an hour, so for me, 1-1/2 hours sounds about right.

Regards

Ron.

So it is as easy as that. I always tend to book a shuttle service in advance.

Hi Liz,..Well as they say,..learn something new every day. I never knew this about this shuttle and I have flown into Miami on several occasions. I will certainly bear this in mind for the future.

As for immigration etc, I don’t think I have ever got out of the airport in under an hour, so for me, 1-1/2 hours sounds about right.

Regards

Ron.

So it is as easy as that. I always tend to book a shuttle service in advance.

Yip easy peasy lemon squeezy :D

Funny thing...in 2010 I got in the shuttle and recognised a lady from the shuttle the year before ...no joke...this lady had been away travelling and was returning home both times...it was just one of these freaky things...we were like...haven't we met before ? LOL

Liz

Do you know what time the shuttle stops running at as our flight doesn't get in until just before 9.00 pm and then we'll have the dreaded wait. Also, can I ask how much it costs per person?

Thanks

Karen

Hi Karen

This is link to the site -

http://www.supershuttle.com/

I just realised their vans are blue not yellow...duh me :o

I think they work 24/7 ..but the site should give all the details.

You can enter postcode of the hotel you are going to stay at and the price will come up...so for example for us to the Embassy Suites 17th St Fort Lauderdale I put in the code 33316 and a list of hotels came up.

I chose the ES and got a price that would work out at $32 per person.

Hope this helps. :D

Thanks Liz, just had a look at their website and it certainly seems easy. Do they also pick you back up at the port after the cruise and take you back to Miami as I didn't see an option for that.

You should be getting commission from them for this :D

Karen

Thanks Liz, just had a look at their website and it certainly seems easy. Do they also pick you back up at the port after the cruise and take you back to Miami as I didn't see an option for that.

You should be getting commission from them for this :D

Karen

I have never used them from port to airport...I just get RCCL transfers after the cruise...$29 from Port Everglades to Miami airport.

We plan this year after our cruise to drop off our luggage at Left Luggage at the airport and head into Miami/Bayside for the day as our flight home isn't until 8.45pm.

I just find them such an easy shuttle to do...and I never have had to wait long for one.:D

Thanks Liz, much appreciated. We're on Celebrity Equinox in March so I'm presuming that they'll offer the same return as Royal Carribean (I see your next cruise is on Allure) for the $29. I take it you just go to Guest Relations and book the trip?

We too have the 8.45 pm flight back to LHR so we'll probably do something along the lines as to what you're doing on our last day as well.

Karen

Archived