room GTY ?

jgold

hi all,

First time poster.

My family (party of 11) is about to board the Star for the 12/27/08 cruise. I just got a confirmation letter in the mail and my Category/Room says : BD/GTY. On the website it says I'm in room 10200.

What is GTY?

GTY is a Guarantee, which means that when you originally booked, you booked as a Guarantee as opposed to booking a specific cabin. That gives the cruise line the ability to assign you to any cabin within the category that you booked (e.g., Inside, Oceanview, Balcony, etc.). There's also the chance that you could have been assigned to a cabin above the category of your Guarantee. When that happens, it's considered a free upgrade.

GTY=guarantee

it means you are guaranteed a room in that category or better, but you didnt get to specifically pick which room while booking.

sounds like they have assigned you your cabin and your paperwork just wasnt up to date when they mailedit

To the OP: looks like you're in luck! This close to sailing, it appears that there was no demand for a handicapped cabin, so you ended up getting assigned to one of them. The HC cabins are much roomier than regular cabins. Have a great cruise!

hi all,

First time poster.

My family (party of 11) is about to board the Star for the 12/27/08 cruise. I just got a confirmation letter in the mail and my Category/Room says : BD/GTY. On the website it says I'm in room 10200.

What is GTY?

Congratulations it look like you upgraded to a Cat BB. :)

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Merry Christmas

We also booked a Balcony GTY. We paid for the BD category but have been assigned a BB cat #10530 for 1/24/09 Dawn sail. This was the second time that we have booked a GTY rate and both times been very happy with our assigned (upgraded) balcony.

Enjoy your cruise and your free upgrade! I know we will.

How long before your cruise did you book?? We are booked on the Sky on 1/2 (One week from TODAY! :) ) in a balcony guarantee and STILL don't have a cabin assignment yet, according to "my NCL". I assume your cabin assignment was there, that you didn't call them for the info??

When I sign on to NCL site our room # is noted on there. I think we found our room assignment about 45 days before our sail date. I was very anxious prior to finding out our room number because of the havoc that will cause when you go to board. I am really surprised that you have not found out your room number even though you booked a "GTY". Did you print off all your paperwork yet?

Yes, I printed off everything already, but the thing on My NCL still says "ready to print" or whatever. Not sure what's going on. I have heard that our sailing is possibly all sold out except for suites and maybe they were waiting for some late bookers to book a suite as a Christmas present for someone??? I guess if they are waiting for that, I may get a nice upgrade. Didn't matter to me, since all I wanted for sure was a balcony, but something 'larger' would be nice!! :)

Archived