Travel time from Cadiz to Seville?

Does anyone know how long it takes to get from Cadiz to Seville? Hopefully we will be hiring a taxi or private tour. According to the date we will be docking in Cadiz(Seville) on a Sunday are a lot of things closed?

I would appreciate any information & tour company's recommendations.

Thanks

It will take about 90 minutes each way. If you have not been to Cadiz before it is a lovely city but Seville would be wonderful to visit.

Keith

Thanks Keith we have not been to Cadiz but have heard that Seville is spectacular, do you have any suggestions for what is a must to see in Seville? I am also concerned that we are in port on a Sunday.

Thanks Keith we have not been to Cadiz but have heard that Seville is spectacular, do you have any suggestions for what is a must to see in Seville? I am also concerned that we are in port on a Sunday.

You are very welcome.

I would try to see Pedro Alcazar which is the oldest royal palace/residence in Europe that is still used today.

Right adjacent to it is the Cathedral de Sevilla and Giralda Tower which is the largest Gothic Building in the world.

I would also try to spend some time just walking around. There are lots of shops and places to have lunch.

Keith

we arranged a lot of stuff privately but tooks ship's tour to seville from cadiz. was a magical day. compared to most ship's tours this was go go go. did not worry us one bit as we are 30s/40s.

was advertised as high activity but one passenger with two artifical (below knee) legs and sticks went on the tour. I had the greatest admiration for him but he did at times hold our group up and I believe the guide (correctly) eventually left him lagging behind so that the larger group did not miss anything. he was ok though as his wife walked a bit slower so she was always in sight of both the group and her husband

as keith1010 has said don't miss the Alcazar. was a taste of things to come in Marrakech, wonderful Moorish archticture.

I'm not in to churches at all but the cathedral was also mind blowing (HUGE, opulent, did I say HUGE?) and columbus' tomb was very moving.

we will eventually go back to Spain for maybe five or six weeks and Seville and Cadiz are both on our list for longer visits

we arranged a lot of stuff privately but tooks ship's tour to seville from cadiz. was a magical day. compared to most ship's tours this was go go go. did not worry us one bit as we are 30s/40s.

was advertised as high activity but one passenger with two artifical (below knee) legs and sticks went on the tour. I had the greatest admiration for him but he did at times hold our group up and I believe the guide (correctly) eventually left him lagging behind so that the larger group did not miss anything. he was ok though as his wife walked a bit slower so she was always in sight of both the group and her husband

as keith1010 has said don't miss the Alcazar. was a taste of things to come in Marrakech, wonderful Moorish archticture.

I'm not in to churches at all but the cathedral was also mind blowing (HUGE, opulent, did I say HUGE?) and columbus' tomb was very moving.

we will eventually go back to Spain for maybe five or six weeks and Seville and Cadiz are both on our list for longer visits

Can I ask why you specifically did ship's tour and not privately, is it not easy to get from Cadiz to Seville? We are trying to organise how it would be best for us (4 adults and 3 kids) to do an excursion, any info would really help :confused:. Cruise prices would be very high for all of us and we would prefer to view sites at our leisure. Thanks :D

We prefer to take our own tours, but after extensive investigating, did take ships tours out of Malaga and Cadiz. With the Euro, this was much less inexpensive than independent----(very unusual.) $600 per day for 2. However, since you have several people, you might try searching for independent tour guides and in the long run it might be less expensive. One thing I found in the 2 Spain ports was that you would get some form of transportation from the port to the city---say the Alcazar or Alhambra, then the guide would meet you there for the tour. It seemed like there was something about "crossing" lines and the credentials of the tour guides could not go form one place to another. But it bears checking out in your case. You might check out Rick Steves website for possible tour guides--or look in his book on Spain and Portugal. Also check Frommer.

We usually book private tours, however, we took the ship's excursion (HAL) to Seville and also Marrakesch - both were excellent tours, especially the Seville.

The palace is fantastic - the Cathedral (largest Gothic Cathedral) is amazing - Columbus' tomb, altars, etc just beautiful..The Plaza Espanya was such an architectural treat - in fact we want to go back and explore Seville more fully (and Barcelona).

The time and distance figured into our decision to book the ship's tours....we made it back to the ship within 20 minutes of sailing - if that helps in your consideration of private vs. ship - and it was an extremely full day -

We usually book private tours, however, we took the ship's excursion (HAL) to Seville and also Marrakesch - both were excellent tours, especially the Seville.

The palace is fantastic - the Cathedral (largest Gothic Cathedral) is amazing - Columbus' tomb, altars, etc just beautiful..The Plaza Espanya was such an architectural treat - in fact we want to go back and explore Seville more fully (and Barcelona).

The time and distance figured into our decision to book the ship's tours....we made it back to the ship within 20 minutes of sailing - if that helps in your consideration of private vs. ship - and it was an extremely full day -

Thanks for info, distance and definitely being back for sailing are swaying us more towards ship tour. Have looked at train times but may not give us much time actually in Seville itself if we have to be back mid afternoon to guarantee departure:eek:.

Can I ask why you specifically did ship's tour and not privately, is it not easy to get from Cadiz to Seville? We are trying to organise how it would be best for us (4 adults and 3 kids) to do an excursion, any info would really help :confused:. Cruise prices would be very high for all of us and we would prefer to view sites at our leisure. Thanks :D

we arranged private tours in other ports or did our own thing. it sounded like what we wanted to see, in the scheme of shorex wasn't that badly priced:rolleyes: and was 'high activity' so suited us. it was also the last port for Europe before we headed to Africa and was the one place we didn't want to miss the boat. I understand there is a fairly reliable train to Seville and public express buses but we just weren't prepared to risk it. that all sounds so woosy when I read this, especially when we're going to Asia in few weeks and doing stuff we've been so warned off. maybe we're getting braver:)

Archived