Westerdam Signature Suite

Ginnyjen

First of all, the Westerdam is a beautiful ship with a great staff and our recent cruise to Alaska was wonderful. Now the bad part, don't ever, ever, get a Signature Suite on the 8th deck. We purchased a guarantee (my own fault), and were in cabin 8046 and our friend had cabin 8044. We were right below the Lido (I should have checked before we accepted this cabin) and the noise was HORRIBLE! It was the constant moving of tables and chairs and you could even hear people walking. The cabin itself is great, but I just want to let anyone who is planning a trip on this ship to avoid this deck at all costs.

First of all, the Westerdam is a beautiful ship with a great staff and our recent cruise to Alaska was wonderful. Now the bad part, don't ever, ever, get a Signature Suite on the 8th deck. We purchased a guarantee (my own fault), and were in cabin 8046 and our friend had cabin 8044. We were right below the Lido (I should have checked before we accepted this cabin) and the noise was HORRIBLE! It was the constant moving of tables and chairs and you could even hear people walking. The cabin itself is great, but I just want to let anyone who is planning a trip on this ship to avoid this deck at all costs.

Thanks for the warning. This type of information can be very helpful to many people!

I'm glad you had a great cruise in spite of your unhappiness with your cabin.

Glad you had a great cruise in spite of the noise.

We always try to avoid cabins under the Lido Pool -- way too much noise for us.

It might help future cruisers to do a post with the ship and cabin number in the title, followed by your warning in the text.

Others have mentioned the noise problems. It's not much consolation to those with noisy suites to hear than others didn't have problems. It would help more to state which cabins on eight are quiet.

We sail on the Westerdam fairly often and have always avoided that deck. I know the pool chairs can be an issue. Is the dining area a problem?

Our cabins were 8046 and 8044 which were midship. We've stayed on deck 8 before on the Oosterdam and no problem. I just wanted to give a heads up so other cruisers can avoid these cabins.

Thanks for those cabin numbers. Do I have it right? Dining area quiet, pool area noisy?

We should stick to mid-ship.

That pretty much sums it up. Look for a cabin between the mid-ship and aft elevator banks.

Archived