Cape Canaveral, Jetty Beach

k1cobra

Hello, Just curious to what Jetty beach/Jetty Part is?

The port now has a shuttle bus that takes cruisers to the Cove Market Place, which is hand picked vendors by the port setting up what amounts to a flea market, you may go to the market place or jetty park which is a beach day, or you can do both. The shuttles run every 20 minutes or so. Its a much better beach Than Cocoa Beach and $10 cheaper per person. The shuttle for shop and beach is $4.00

hope that helps.

How much do you make from each cruise ship passenger who takes the shuttle and visits the beach?:)

I hope you are kidding but if not I have over 4500 postings on CC and most of them were done trying to help people that come to this area. Is it a labor of love, of course. But at the same time I am just giving back. I travel as much as possible and use CC and it sister site Trip Advisor all the time. I make nothing from any business in the area and in most cases give several choices.

I just happen to think JP is the kind of place I would like to spend a port day. Its close, cheap, self contained and away from the crowds. It borders the inlet so the ships sail right by.

I hope that explains my motivation!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My family will be staying at the Radisson on Sept 23rd and leaving aboard the Carnival Dream on the 24th.

I'm hoping to be able to arrange things to actually see "my ship come in".

Can anyone tell me about what time the Dream would be passing Jetty Park if it is on time to arrive at theport at 8:00 am? Also, if anyone knows just how close to that schedule the Dream normally is?

Thanks!

that 8 am time is deceiving

that's what time they shoot for beginning the off load process ... sometimes they even beat that

to accomplish this they actually arrive much earlier so there is time for customs and immigration to do their thing and the luggage to at least be ready for the first round of departures.

if you watch the Port Canaveral webcams between now and your departure you'll usually see the ships arriving about 5:30 to 6:00 in the morning.

I'm an early riser, but that may be a bit too early to do on a vacation :)

yes, I thought that might be the case

however since you say you'll be staying the evening of the 23rd, which is a Friday you can watch MONARCH depart.

They usually depart the pier between 4:30 and 5pm and will pass Grills area about 15 min after that and another 10 'til Jetty Park

Archived