Carnival Hiring PVPs

ParrotHeadFL

Did anyone else get an e-mail about Carnival hiring new PVPs? It said this:

Carnival Cruise Lines………NOW HIRING!!!

Personal Vacation Planner

If you or anyone you know is interested in working for “The Most Popular Cruise Line in the World,†you are in luck. Carnival Cruise Lines is currently hiring Personal Vacation Planners to assist our guests in planning their next cruise…Earn from $40,000 to 90,000 in your first year…Sales experience not required but a positive attitude and good work ethics are!!!

EARNING POTENTIAL: $40,K ++

Lucrative Commission Plan, + Base Salary +, paid training and a comprehensive benefits package including full health coverage, 401 (k), stock purchase plan, cruise benefits and 20 paid days off each year.

Training Class (4 weeks) Begins: 05/03/04 and 05/17/04

Work hours: Monday-Thursday 11:00 am to 8:00 pm and

Friday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm in our Miramar location

Fax resume to (305) 406-6482 or E-mail pvpresume@carnival.com

or

3400 Lakeside Dr. 3 rd floor

Miramar, FL 33027

www.carnival.com

ParrotHeadFL

Thanks for sharing! Just curious,anyone know what the "cruise benefits" would entail? Sounds like the perfect job for someone that loves cruising and looking for an excuse to relocate to Miami.icon_smile.gif

Jeff

Destiny 10/03/04 Roll Call

Destiny,Past,Present and Future Cruisers

10/03/04 Date with Destiny

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;10;3;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I'm not certain, but when my daughter asked about shipboard employment in the kids club, one of the staff members there told her that their families can cruise for 30 bucks on a space available basis. Maybe PVPs get the same deal

-------

Big Red Boat 8/97 (hey I won it, it was free!)

Sovereign of the Seas 1998

Enchantment of the Seas 1998

Carnival Sensation 11/2000

12/2001 Carnival Triumph

11/16/2002 Carnival Pride

3/13/2004-- CC SPRING BREAK CRUISE-- TRIUMPH

Hey you guys, just sent off Hubby's resume and cover letter. We live about 1/2 hour away and he's just laid off a 20 year long job. Really bites. Anyway, wish us luck - he really, really, really wants this job!

Deb in South Florida

Carnival Valor 01/23/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;01;22;13;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Mariner of the Seas 3/14/04

Golden Princess 01/25/03

Voyager of the Seas 12/01

Majesty of the Seas 11/00

Carnival's Ecstasy 12/99

Carnival's Paradise 11/98

NCL Westward 9/93

MS Dolphin 9/92

Sky Princess 4/91

Regent Sun 4/90

Thanks Colette! I'll keep y'all posted. It really is a perfect fit. He's such a people person.

Deb in South Florida

Carnival Valor 01/23/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;01;22;13;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Mariner of the Seas 3/14/04

Golden Princess 01/25/03

Voyager of the Seas 12/01

Majesty of the Seas 11/00

Carnival's Ecstasy 12/99

Carnival's Paradise 11/98

NCL Westward 9/93

MS Dolphin 9/92

Sky Princess 4/91

Regent Sun 4/90

Sure wish I lived in Florida. This would be the perfect job for me.

SoFloDeb - Good luck to your husband. Please keep us posted.

Marie

HAL - MAASDAM - June 2004/Canada/New England

RCI - Mariner of the Seas,

Sept 2004(CC Group Cruise)

Carnival Miracle -February 2005

RCI Majesty of the Seas - Spring Break, March 2005

Celebrity Mercury, April 2005

icon_smile.gif

Boy I wished I lived there as that would be a great job. I do know from a Carnival kiosk in the mall by my apartment that full time people get to sail for free !!!

I could do that in a second. I would actually even enjoy being a social host or gift shop manager, but I know they don't hire a lot of Americans. Oh well I will just settle for my yearly fix.

Days til Miracle Cruise 12/12/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FF0000&cdt=2004;12;12;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

boat.gif

Conquest December 7, 2002

Glory December 13, 2003

Miracle December 12, 2004

• 1 year later...

"A six-day, 48-hour workweek on the phone behind a desk doesn't necessarily mean a paycheck padded with overtime. A brewing legal battle over what kind of work deserves overtime pits Miami-based Carnival Cruise Line and a group of former employees who say they're owed thousands of dollars. Carnival says the employees, who worked as personal vacation planners, are exempt by law from time and a half pay because the bulk of their earnings come from high commissions earned on the ......"

source: Miami Herald June 16, 2005, page 3C

Guest nhrich
"A six-day, 48-hour workweek on the phone behind a desk doesn't necessarily mean a paycheck padded with overtime. A brewing legal battle over what kind of work deserves overtime pits Miami-based Carnival Cruise Line and a group of former employees who say they're owed thousands of dollars. Carnival says the employees, who worked as personal vacation planners, are exempt by law from time and a half pay because the bulk of their earnings come from high commissions earned on the ......"

source: Miami Herald June 16, 2005, page 3C

Hmmm, seems to me there were discussions on here that the PVP's claimed they didn't get commissions. Anyone else remember that?

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

I am thinking and I may be wrong that PVP's are just a travel agency directly for carnival ...

The same as Sea Miles....is just a travel agency.

I know that for sure...

I dont think either one is actually WORKING for carnival............

I am thinking and I may be wrong that PVP's are just a travel agency directly for carnival ...

The same as Sea Miles....is just a travel agency.

I know that for sure...

I dont think either one is actually WORKING for carnival............

Carnival's PVP's work in the same building as the rest of the Miami staff from bob Dickinson all the way down. They actually have less experience than most travel agents. They are simply telemarketers.

The original poster had the trainging dates listed as May 2004....

I wonder if the email parrothead received was a scam' date=' ?

Sure hope not...

:)[/quote']

:rolleyes: Check date of original post...dated April 2004

Hmmm, seems to me there were discussions on here that the PVP's claimed they didn't get commissions. Anyone else remember that?

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

I don't remember that thread, but my PVP told me last week that she doesn't get commissions, she gets "points" (1 point per booking) and she needs to accumulate a certain number of points before she can be promoted.

Did anyone else get an e-mail about Carnival hiring new PVPs? It said this:

Carnival Cruise Lines………NOW HIRING!!!

Personal Vacation Planner

If you or anyone you know is interested in working for “The Most Popular Cruise Line in the World,†you are in luck. Carnival Cruise Lines is currently hiring Personal Vacation Planners to assist our guests in planning their next cruise…Earn from $40,000 to 90,000 in your first year…Sales experience not required but a positive attitude and good work ethics are!!!

EARNING POTENTIAL: $40,K ++

Lucrative Commission Plan, + Base Salary +, paid training and a comprehensive benefits package including full health coverage, 401 (k), stock purchase plan, cruise benefits and 20 paid days off each year.

Training Class (4 weeks) Begins: 05/03/04 and 05/17/04

Work hours: Monday-Thursday 11:00 am to 8:00 pm and

Friday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm in our Miramar location

Fax resume to (305) 406-6482 or E-mail pvpresume@carnival.com

or

3400 Lakeside Dr. 3 rd floor

Miramar, FL 33027

www.carnival.com

My hubby applied to CCL and they offered him this job two years ago ... My friend who works as a supervisor of reservations told him its not worth it to come in as a PVP you get paid a low salary and need to work on commission. She said most people leave the position after 3 months. She said its the worst job to have at Carnival.

My hubby applied to CCL and they offered him this job two years ago ... My friend who works as a supervisor of reservations told him its not worth it to come in as a PVP you get paid a low salary and need to work on commission. She said most people leave the position after 3 months. She said its the worst job to have at Carnival.

Hey, then can you ask your friend what a good job would be? I just graduated and NEED one! :D

Any other position other than PVP.... :D

Well, yeah...

although I dont think im going to be working for CCL anytime soon...unless we get an earthquake or tsunami and Richmond becomes a big Port city. i need to move :(

Well, yeah...

although I dont think im going to be working for CCL anytime soon...unless we get an earthquake or tsunami and Richmond becomes a big Port city. i need to move :(

Oh... :(

I live in Miami and would love to work for CCL but because of the traffic to CCL's offices in Miami I dont!

Archived