Volendam 2 questions . Rough seas? Cabin a/c cool enough?

Stevero2

I am planning to sail on the Volendam out of Vancouver to the inside passage and have 2 questions.

1. When I sailed on the Maasdam in the Caribbean a few years ago, the seas were really rocky. Since the Volendam is about the same size as the Maasdam, am I likely to encounter similar problems?

2. tThis may sound like a silly question about an Alaskan cruise, but I need to sleep in a very cold room. Would the a/c in the cabin be adjustable to a cold temperature? The Eurodam worked well for me last year in the Caribbean, but the Vollendam is an older ship. I know it was refurbished in 2011, but I don't know if that included the cabin a/cs.

For me, Holland America had the worst cabin air conditioning. I was in a deluxe suite and the cabin was constantly hot. My sister was in a cabin on the same floor, about 20 doors down, and her cabin was unbearably hot.

For me, Holland America had the worst cabin air conditioning. I was in a deluxe suite and the cabin was constantly hot. My sister was in a cabin on the same floor, about 20 doors down, and her cabin was unbearably hot.

and I'm the total opposite, I think the cabin gets down right cold! I will say that I have never been in a suite though, just a regular cabin.

Archived