Breakaway Bahamas Oct 13 2013

srgw

These ships are docked in Nassau on Oct-17-2013 Carnival Fascination, Carnival Pride, Carnival Magic, Norwegian Breakaway. I have a quick question

My wife and I will be on the Breakaway (our first cruise) is it going to be very crowded? How about getting on and off with so many people (12953??) doing the same thing.

First Cruise Breakaway

40th. Anniversary :)

These ships are docked in Nassau on Oct-17-2013 Carnival Fascination, Carnival Pride, Carnival Magic, Norwegian Breakaway. I have a quick question

My wife and I will be on the Breakaway (our first cruise) is it going to be very crowded? How about getting on and off with so many people (12953??) doing the same thing.

First Cruise Breakaway

I saw that too. One of the reasons I already booked the Atlantis excursion through the ship. At least I know I have something instead of worrying about getting a taxi or crowded bus, and Atlantis only allows so many day passes.

I also have the option of canceling, if I decide to do something else. I really wanted to get a day pass at the Sheraton or Hilton, but I don't know how safe Nassau is for a woman traveling by herself. The last two times I was there I was with family.

I also think Nassau is used to having so many ships in port at the same day, and they usually arrive at different times. The most that have been there when I was there was 9,000, and it wasn't too bad, but I did an excursion thru the ship that day, so maybe I missed the crowds.

First Cruise Breakaway

I saw that too. One of the reasons I already booked the Atlantis excursion through the ship. At least I know I have something instead of worrying about getting a taxi or crowded bus, and Atlantis only allows so many day passes.

I also have the option of canceling, if I decide to do something else. I really wanted to get a day pass at the Sheraton or Hilton, but I don't know how safe Nassau is for a woman traveling by herself. The last two times I was there I was with family.

I also think Nassau is used to having so many ships in port on the same day, and they usually arrive at different times. The most that have been there when I was there was 9,000, and it wasn't too bad, but I did an excursion thru the ship that day, so maybe I missed the crowds.

Good Question...

I myself am hoping it wont be crowded in October...on the Inaugural cruise to Bermuda on the Breakaway 5/12-5/19/13 when we were on it...the capacity for passengers is 4000 and there were only about 3077 on it....So, Im hoping there will be much less since its during Hurricane season and college kids and younger children will be in school during that time....

This will be our 3rd cruise TOTAL...we were on the NCL Jewel for 12 days in January 2013...NCL Breakaway in May and the NCL Breakaway again in October...(I know it will be more fun this time around since we've already done everything...) so now we can just hang out and RELAX!!!!

As for the ports/excursions...for the October cruise...not sure what we will be doing in Florida...we are staying on the ship when we get to Great Stirrup Cay...no point in getting off of the ship...When we get to Nassau...we will do some exploring on our own and shopping of course..

When we arrive in Florida....think I may meet up with some Friends that live in the area and they can show us around....even though we've been to Florida on our own a few times...

Just to head south where it will be much warmer then Upstate NY will have me being happy where I can work on the last of my Summery tan till we go on the Getaway in February!! :D

Hope to hear from you all soon...

-Jennie-

PS: What deck is everyone on..?? We are on deck 13...(we were on that deck in May...very very quiet...but long walks to everything...but well worth it to keep your weight off....EXERCISE...we were in the forward section as we are again)...

First Cruise Breakaway

Archived